Chapter 6

It was the next day, and after a worrying sleep with tossing and turning Dean decided to try once more with Castiel. Their baby deserved to have both parents, and if not Dean would make up for the loss. Cause suddenly Dean realized it wasn't about him anymore, it was about the baby. And it will always be about the baby cause his body, his life, and his drinking would all have to come second. 

With a fast-paced breakfast and a quick shower, Dean got dressed in his father's leather jacket and his jeans before glancing at the mirror. His stomach was beginning to bulge out but nothing that an excuse of 'no exercising' wouldn't hide. With Sam on his heels, and with a newfound confidence Dean grabbed the keys to Baby and quickly skipped through the house to the door. Sam quickly grabbed a toasted bagel for the way then followed suit. Dean dashed over to Baby and gave a loving rub on her trunk and tapped it before opening the door and ducking inside. Sam took a moment to roll his eyes before he too ducked into the car. 

Dean was on a mission. Speeding was not under him, and neither was cutting people off on the intersection which made Sam give a scowl towards him but Dean didn't care. Castiel was going to listen to him today, and nothing would stop him. 

When a certain view of a lake came into view Dean slowed so he could park safely off to the side of the house. Before he got out of Baby Dean snatched the picture of the ultrasound on the dash and hopped out cheerfully. But as soon as he stepped out of the car Sam was quick to grab his big brother to brush off the dust and random crap that stuck to Dean's clothes. The brother groaned but let his little brother work on him and once he let go the two made their way up to the door. Dean knocked with loud and hard knocks until someone peaked out of the door, but it wasn't Cas. I was a rather tall woman with the long brown hair the hit her shoulders and friendly hazel eyes, her lips plump and curved nicely. Dean's eye widened at the large diamond ring snugged tightly on her finger. 

"Can I help you boys," the woman asked kindly as she looked from Dean to Sam. Sam stepped forward realizing Dean's panic and coughed so he could clear his throat. 

"Hello ma'am, we are old friends of Castiel's. Is he home?" Sam asked as he toward over her with his natural height, the woman nodded before opening the door to make it wide so the boys could step inside. Sam took the lead with Dean trailing behind with a look of horror on his face. The house on the inside was beautiful but small, the theme seemed modern with hints of western sprinkled in random places. Dean and Sam were both led into the kitchen where Castiel was peeling potatoes in the kitchen sink. 

"Who was at the door, honey-"Castiel stopped his words in his tracks when he noticed the two boys. Dean could tell that his heart was racing as he looked from Sam to Dean to the strange woman. Gulping Dean stepped forward with a fake smile on his face.

"Cas buddy, how're you doing?" Cas didn't say a word which made the woman tense. Her slim body passed by Dean with ease as she reached out and grabbed his hand. Dean froze in his place as he gazed down at their intertwined hands. Dean couldn't help but stare, troubled at the sight. Castiel, a sworn gay man, was holding a women's hand. Even if Dean couldn't see it he could feel the color drain from his face and the cold touch his pink lips. 

"Hey Amelia, will you show Sam around, Dean and I would like to speak alone." Dean watched as this Amelia nodded her head with a kind smile before gazed at both of the boys with a look of confusion. Sam stepped forward with a smile and proceeded to follow her into another part of the house.

"I'm so sorry Dean," Cas started. Dean looked back at him with surprise but didn't say anything as Castiel looked at his muddy boots in shame.

"I'm sorry it ended like this-" Dean stopped him by placing his hand on his face. His palm cupped his cheeks with longing, wishing he could lean in and kiss him. Cas looked up from his feet and for the first time in weeks, forest greens met ocean blue in a long gaze.