Manon's heart beat fast as Timothée made his way towards her, part of her not believing that her gesture had actually worked. She found herself looking back at the book in order to avoid making eye contact with him. 

"What are you reading"? Timothée asked, his voice sounding almost as faint as a whisper at the very beginning, but then gaining confidence by the end. There were so many things he wanted to say to her, yet he stopped himself and instead of overanalyzing the situation as he normally would, he chose to appreciate the beauty of the girl in front of him.

"A really important piece you've never heard of before, my personal literature pick" Manon explained with a proud smile as she showed the cover of the book she was reading, throwing the two back to their days spent reading each other's literature picks and hoping he would pick up on her sarcasm. 

"Really? What's it about"? Timothée responded calmly, holding back a foolish smile. He sat down on the edge of the fountain beside the girl, tucking his hands into his pockets nervously. 

"Two bros, chilling in a pool, five feet apart cause they're not gay" Manon grinned, hoping Timothée understood her reference, which he did being the Vine enthusiast he was each sleepless night "It's a vine" She informed him.

"Bold of you to assume I don't know what a vine is" He rolled his eyes with soft amusement, before motioning his palm, prompting her to continue, easing into the conversation as much as he could "Continue".

"Basically, a lot of crying and heartbreak" Manon waved her hand "I heard they're making a movie. They've got this actor who seems to enjoy wandering the streets at night even though he should be getting his required beauty sleep, what do you think brings him out of his man cave"? 

"Maybe he's just fed up with sleeping for the night. He told me he wonders what this random girl by the water fountain is doing reading a book alone at night" Timothée rolled with Manon's story, enjoying the simple conversation they had. He had missed talking to the girl, no matter what the topic was about. He just wanted to hear her voice and to see her smile.

"You can tell him the same reason" Manon responded, smiling bittersweetly at the boy sat down beside her. She wanted to tell him why she was truly there but figured it was a story for another night.

"Let's ring him up right now" Timothée pretended as he took his phone out of his pocket and entered his contacts. Manon rolled her eyes at his action, before looking away from him and averting her gaze to the sky above her. Timothée giggled and put his phone away, his giggle sending a wave of nostalgia through her. She missed his laugh so much, the laugh that warmed a thousand hearts, the laugh that made her feel whole inside.

"I missed this, I missed us" Manon mumbled, her voice no longer holding the confidence it had when they were joking around, but rather a shakiness of sorts, almost as if she could hardly blurt the words out of her mouth. She was terrified of admitting how much she missed him, for she wasn't sure he missed her as much as she missed him, or if he missed her at all.

"Me too" Timothée responded, staring at the girl as she glanced back at him, their eyes meeting properly for the first time in years, as if they could finally see each other clearly, without the ideas of each other they developed in their minds over the years apart. They were just two raw and real human beings.

Manon was on the brink of tears, and before she could let any of them out, she melted into his touch, where she felt most safe. The sudden contact caught him off-guard, but there was no hesitation in his mind and he wrapped his arms around her with all of his affection, tightening his grip as to protect her, as if holding her wasn't quite enough, as if a second would pass, and she would escape out of his arms and vanish forever. It wasn't long before his own eyes filled with tears, and he too, found himself letting them go.

Manon could hardly believe she was hugging him. She dreamed of hugging him for so long. When she felt down, when she felt alone, the thought of hugging him made her feel hopeful, and experiencing it physically made her feel like all the pain was worth it.

The two felt the world around them melt away as they squeezed each other, neither of them wanting to ever let go.

"I thought I would never see you again" Timothée confessed as the two pulled away, his voice breaking apart. 

"I told you the last time it was just a see you later" Manon smiled at the boy in-between her tears. She felt overwhelmed with so much joy, despite the tears of pain that streamed down her cheeks. Timothée had so much to say, yet all he wanted that moment was to feel the warmth of her touch, nothing else mattered to him.

Manon rested her hand on his cheek, running her thumb across his soft pale skin, confirming to herself that he was truly real. He felt the warmth of her hand on her cheek and put his hand over hers, letting her know that he greatly appreciated the gesture. He closed his eyes, thanking the universe for bringing the girl back to him. And she stood there and stared at him, appreciating him fully. With his tear-stained cheeks and messy hair. He was beautiful, and she was beyond thankful to have him in her arms again. 

Thunder rolled over both of their heads as they snapped out of their thoughts and looked up at the sky in unison. Drops of rain kissed their foreheads, before quickly turning into more than just drops. 

"We should get out of here. Come on, Manon" Timothée offered, the pronunciation of her name coming to him as a shock. He never thought he'd get to say her name aloud, and she never thought she'd get to hear him call her by her name.

He held his hand out to her with a smile of mischief on his face, and she couldn't help but accept his offer, sliding her hand into his, the two sharing each other's warmth yet again. 

It was as if the two had awoken from a coma, their childhood instantaneously coming back to them, making them feel truly alive for the first time in what seemed like an eternity.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━