( 𝟎𝟐𝟐 ) the aftermath of sophia

Start from the beginning

"Yeah." Zoe agreed, looking up at Nate with lust in her eyes, she truly didn't know what she did to deserve him in her life. She didn't even know how the two of them happened, she guessed it was from the night in the CDC, but she didn't know. The two had gotten along better than anyone else in the camp, besides Zoe and Glenn - so it didn't come to a surprise for anyone else in the camp when the two began to show their feelings.

Rick knew. Nate knew that he knew, but the question was, why hadn't he said anything? He was sure that the man didn't like him or his brothers when he first arrived at the camp outside of Atlanta, mostly because of Merle, but maybe since the farm, his opinion had changed. Rick knew that Nate made his daughter happy, as well as Lori, and the two decided to let the two of them get along with it, not wanting to destroy something good in Zoe's life. They all needed someone to hang onto in this new world, and Nate was the perfect guy for Zoe.
"Let's go." Nate told her, stroking the side of her face, causing the girl to smile for the first time since the incident - he never failed to make the girl smile. Giving her a quick kiss, they both got up, and set off for the ceremony of their loved ones.

——

For most of the day, Zoe had stuck near Glenn, due to the fact he had been upset about having to leave Maggie. She had tried cheering him up, but nothing would work - Zoe didn't even know how she would feel if she had to leave Nate, the two of them had basically become inseparable. "If she offers, are you gonna stay here?" She asked him as she sat besides him on the swing on the porch.

Glenn looked at her with a shocked look, "You think she'd ask?" He asked Zoe, not believing her words. He didn't think that he would be welcome after the whole barn incident, but then again, he was terrible at reading girls.

Zoe shrugged as she looked out at the farm she would have to leave, and as she did so, she saw Nate walking up to the two of them - "Maybe." She spoke, watching him approach the best friend duo. "She seems like she likes you a lot." She informed her friend, as he seemed pretty oblivious to his whole relationship with Maggie. Even being younger than him, she knew a lot more. When Glenn didn't reply, Zoe looked towards the front door, to see Maggie, just walking out, probably having heard Glenn's voice. Quickly, she nudged him, and motioned towards the girl, causing him to lighten up at the sight of her.

With a smile and a quick side hug, Glenn rushed off to speak to her, and Zoe wished that he would go with his heart, no matter what. "What was that about?" Nate asked, walking up to the girl with his rifle in hand. He had just been let off of guard duty, and the first thing he thought of, was to see her, and he was glad he did, as she still seemed down. Nate knew that Hershel wasn't going to kick them out of the farm, not if Lori reveals she's pregnant. He was sure of it.

"I think Maggie wants Glenn to stay on the farm when we leave." She told him, squinting her eyes to look up at him due to the sunlight, "I think he should. If he wants to." She said. Sure, she would miss her best friend - but she didn't want to be the one to stop him from being with his potential love. If it wasn't for her mom, dad and brother, Zoe would probably pick to stay with Nate, too..

Nate furrowed his brows at her, not expecting that answer from the girl, "You'd be okay with that?" He asked. Since the first time he met her, he had seen Zoe and Glenn hit it off, they had been best friends since the beginning of the outbreak; no one in the group could imagine the two without each other, even if they hadn't been hanging out as much as they used to.

Zoe shrugged, "I mean, it's not up to me, is it? If Glenn loves Maggie then he should do what he wants." She answered truthfully, knowing that she would do the same if the scenario was different.