Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Basia's POV

There was a tapping noise and it grew extremely irritating very quickly. I was eager to open my eyes and confront the person who is being so oblivious to my comfort. But I couldn't. My eyes wouldn't open. I couldn't even move my head to the side. I began to panic.

I went to open my mouth to scream but it was as if it's sewn shut. Oh my god!? What is happening to me?! Why can't I open my eyes? I just need to get out of this nightmare. It's like I'm in an inescapable dream. 

Then my neck started to ache, as if it's stiff and sore. I wanted to crack it, stretch and just get up! I could feel my heart beat accelerating significantly as I grew more and more scared. Was I in a coma? What happened to me? I tried to think back to my last memory but all I could remember was Callum and I watching fireworks. That was right after my father called me, informing I come home right away. 

Callum has also kissed me. Those kisses were so precious, so amazing. I never want to forget them. Then I remember him telling me he loves me. And that's all I remember. But for some reason, I feel like there is more that I should remember.

I hear a door open and I try to open my mouth to tell them "I'm here, help me!" But it doesn't happen. The person sighs and I feel a hand grasp mine.

"Basia. Babe. Please. Just show me you're here. Squeeze my hand, turn your head. Just do something." It was Callum. I knew because of the sparks flying up my arms and from the deepness of his voice. It ignited butterflies in my belly. 

"Callum..." I heard a familiar female voice.

"She has to be okay, Kiley. If she isn't, I will rip both you and Luke's heads off!" He threatened. Kiley. That's right. It was perky, smiley Kiley. But why does he want to harm them? What did they do wrong? "You kept me from saving her. If you didn't, she wouldn't be stuck in transition! It's never taken this long before! He didn't let the blood surge through her. He killed her to soon." Callum said.

Transition? What the hell is that? What's up with the blood and killing me? I never died! I'm right here! What is going on?! I grew even more panicy again. That earned a sqeeze from Callum.

"Baby? Can you hear me? Listen. You're going to be fine. I promise. I won't let you slip away." I heard him say, and I felt wetness on my hand, trailing down my arm and then to the bed. He was crying. My sweet, precious Callum was crying for me.

'Don't leave me.' I desperately wanted to say to him. 

"I won't baby. I'll stay here till you wake up." He said. I felt shocked. How did he hear me?! Did I speak?! No. I couldn't have. I can't.

'How? How can you hear me?' 

"What do you mean? I can always hear you. You're my mate." 

'MATE?! What are you? A dog?! What is going on Callum?! I want to wake up!' I scream. I hear Callum begin to sob as he holds his hand to my chest. He lays his head on my chest and just cries. I don't understand why but there is nothing I can do to comfort him, though I desperately want to. Why is he crying? He's the one talking about mates and reading minds!

Callum's POV

I lay there and pour my eyes out as I hold her hand to me with desperation. She doesn't remember me telling her I'm a vampire. She doesn't know about the mates and mind reading. She doesn't fucking remember! 

How the hell am I supposed to tell my beautiful angel that she's a vampire. Something the was once introduced and welcomed with open arms but now will cower from it. She's going to hate me forever. Because she doesn't love me! I don't know how much she remembers. God, it could have gone back to the first day we met!

My stomach squeezed tightly as I lifted up and looked over at Kiley. She was crying to, obviously going through my head to see what was wounding me.

"How could your father do this to you?" She asked me. I bit my bottom lip and shook my head, raking a hand through my hair. I stood up, kissed Basia's head and went to leave. I kept hearing her call back for me but I couldn't. I needed to drink. How can I now? Her blood is the only one my body will take. But she's a vampire now... And she doesn't know they even exist...

"Callum wait!" Kiley ran after me. I turned to look at her. She grabbed my shoulders and look deeply in my eyes. "I don't know why she doesn't remember us. But you need to be there for her. Callum, she's scared." I nodded and looked down at the ground.

"She's hasn't even begun being scared, Kiley. Wait until she looks in the mirror and all she can see is her horrendous red eyes scrutinizing her!" Tears ran down her face as she shook her head. 

"You love her, Callum. You're her mate. She will forgive you. Don't give up on her." I growled and wrapped my hand around her throat, lifting her off the ground, pressing her against the wall.

"This is your and Luke's fault! I could have saved her! But you killed her. You damned her to hell!" I threw Kiley to the ground. "And she doesn't remember us! She doesn't love me! She is still the scared little girl that I just got to trust me!" I yelled at Kiley. She looked up at me with eyes filled with disgust. 

"How dare you give up on her!" Kiley got to her feet and stood right in front of me. "Maybe she did lose some of her memory, but you should be happy she isn't dead! I am sorry, Callum that we messed up. But she's okay. She's breathing and she's wanting you!" Kiley pointed to the room Basia was laying in. "I'll get you blood, just please go be with her." She whispered. I sighed and stormed passed her, entered my room and slammed the door shut. That's when I froze and looked at my beautiful mate sitting up, staring at me with fright.

"Callum? What the hell is going on? Why am I supposed to be dead?" She asked. Seeing her sitting there, breathing and looking so beautiful, I couldn't help but run over to wrap my arms around her. 

"It's going to be okay, Bash." I promised, sitting on the bed with her in my lap. She allowed me to hold her for a while, burying my nose into her hair. But when she pulled back to look at me with the criticizing red eyes, I shivered. 

"Callum, all I remember is us at the fireworks. But I am sure there is a hell alot more to that, isn't there? How long has it been since then?" She asked. 

"About a week." I told her. And damn, did a lot happen during that week... She nodded and then scratched the top of her head.

"I'm supposed to be dead?" She asked. I sighed and then rested my forehead against hers. 

"Basia. I gave you this speech once before and you freaked out. But you then learned to trust me and love me. I know you're probably thinking, 'I'd never love a man', but babe, you did. We love each other so much. But you need to know something. I will never hurt you, Basia. I will risk my life for you but you have to know this. Okay?" She looked so confused and scared that I wish I didn't have to tell her this all over again. She nodded and placed her hand on my cheek. That simple touch igniting so much hope within me that I severely needed. 

"Okay... Well I'm a vampire and..." 

After about an hour of explaining to her everything that has happened this last week, Basia was in tears and I was holding her tight against my chest. She took everying surprisingly well up till the part where I told her she was killed by my father and turned to a vampire. Then she broke down and almost lost it. 

"I'm sorry, Basia. I never wanted this for you..." I whispered. She looked up at me and shook her head. She wrapped her arms around my neck and held me close. 

"Callum, if what you're saying is true, than we don't need to dwell in the past. We have a lifetime together. To be happy. And I believe, that with you, I will be the happiest person in the world."