🔪 Chapter 28: The Talk (UPDATED)

Start from the beginning

"What are you saying... Dad?" Steven asked, as his expression gets darker as he plays with his food.

"I don't like how you treated Aurora and it's affecting her badly. I'm afraid I have to send you somewhere else. Somewhere... you will stay until you learn the consequences of your actions." Dad said.

Steven dropped his fork. "Where? Prison? An asylum? Come on Dad, I'm not some crazy kid or someone who has something wrong in their head."

"I'm serious, Steven. Grounding you is obviously not enough. And where you're gonna stay in the meantime will be as far from Aurora or anyone else in this family, including her friends, as possible. It's final." Mr. Anderson finished.

Steven's expression became an angry one and he smashed his fist on the table.

'BANG!'

"You can't do that, Dad!" He shouted.

"Yes, I can. I just want what's best for everyone in this family, even if it means I have to go... way beyond. Next week, they'll fetch you and take you there and you'll stay there. It's for the best, Steven. And I do not tolerate such behavior!"

I just stay silent and look at Steven.

"If you want it that way... then so be it. But you're gonna wish that you shouldn't have done any of this in the first place." He said in a somewhat calm yet angry tone.

He turned his head to me and I quickly look down. He then starts walking away and heads out of the house and closes the door with a loud bang.

'BANG!'

Mr. Anderson let out a sigh and massage his temples.

"Um, are you sure about this, Mr. Anderson?" I asked.

"Aurora, it is for the best." He said. "Forget about him. Tonight, you'll sleep with your Mom in our room. I'll sleep in the living room. Now go, it's getting late."

"Okay. Good night." I said before heading upstairs to my room.

I enter my room and I quickly change into my pajamas and wash my face. 

After that, I decided to bring my backpack with the hidden cameras and the journals inside, just in case. I don't want him to find them and hide them or throw them away. I then head downstairs and walk towards my Mom's room.

I push the door open and I saw Mom and Toby on the bed, watching TV.

"Hey Mom," I spoke.

"Aurora, do you need something?" She asked, getting up from the bed.

"Mr. Anderson said I should sleep here while he'll be sleeping in the living room. Is it okay?" I explained.

"Of course, I think it's time for bed. So let's get some sleep." Mom said as she closes the door then she walks over to the bed, grabbed the remote, and turn off the TV.

I quickly put my backpack aside, hiding it someplace safe in the room.

"Okay, time for bed. Toby will sleep in the middle and Aurora, you'll sleep on the right side of the bed." Mom said.

"Mom, can I lock the door? Just in case." I asked.

Mom nodded. "Sure, if that makes you feel safe."

I lock the door and walk over to the right side of the bed and lay down next to Toby.

Mom pulls up the covers over us and places a kiss on Toby's forehead and then on my forehead.

"Don't worry, Aurora, as long as I'm here, you're safe. Good night, sweetie."

"Good night, Mom."

Mom walks over to the switch and turns off the lights. Our only light source is from outside.

My eyes didn't open for so long and they got heavier and heavier until all I can see is... complete darkness.

__

"Mom? Mr. Anderson? Toby?" I called out as my voice echoes in a dark empty room.

Suddenly the room brightens up and I found myself in a room filled with blood. I look around and I could never be shocked in my life.

I found Mom in a pool of her own blood coming from her mouth, Mr. Anderson's dead body hanging from the ceiling, and Toby pinned to the wall, blood coming out from his body.

Then I spotted Eddie with his throat slit open and Heather with her organs taken out. Then I spotted three decapitated cat heads and Miss Victoria's dead body laying on the ground with a pair of scissors on her chest.

Including the dead bodies of Tamara and Lucas on the other side of the room.

I try not to vomit and tears begin to come out of my eyes.

All of a sudden, I heard a baby crying. I slowly turn around and I saw a crib.

I touched my stomach and I felt something on my stomach. And when I lift the shirt up, I found a big scar.

Suddenly, two hands grab my shoulders and pull me towards... Steven himself and he's covered in blood.

"You're going to regret this!" He shouted and I let out a scream.

"AHHH!"

__

I  let out a gasp and jerk out of bed. Beads of sweat came down from my forehead and wipe it off.

I took a deep breath and look to my left. I let out a sigh of relief, seeing Mom and Toby sound asleep, safe and sound, and still alive.

Because of that nightmare, I didn't dare to go back to sleep cause I don't know what was going to happen next yet I knew something is wrong.

______________________________________

Hey! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and this is the last update before taking a break from Wattpad (again.)

A lot of projects needed to be done and exams are coming up so I need to focus on those for a while.

And once I'm done, my semester break will begin.

And since Halloween is coming up, I hope this chapter gives you chills down to your spine.

Anyways, we're almost close to 97k! Thank you so much for the endless amount of love and support and I appreciate it so much!❤️❤️❤️

That's all!

-emopastelgirl ^_^

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 07/16/2023