Take That, Loturd

Start from the beginning

"Regarding your servants, as you well say, I am fully aware who they pledge loyalty to. However I was only starting to get them used to my mother's court system, so when the time comes and they do belong to me, they are ready. As you well have seen, prosperity takes... A bit more effort. They're just doing their jobs, but working harder, working as they should. They are earning food for a reason." 

The guards in the room couldn't help looking at each other, clenching their teeth or just sending him death threads in silence. 

"Plus? Some of your servants really are cheeky, Yorak. It's like they forget what they are, they misbehave, and someone needs to put them back in their place." He grinned even wider. 

Of course, he was talking about his recent encounter with one of his favourite servants in that court, the hunter boy. Lotor would be lying if he said interacting with him wasn't the most fun he'd had in years. He wasn't your everyday servant. He actually valued himself as a person, and showed it. All he wanted was to test his limits and make him explode, a real fight for once.

"You're welcome."

Keith connected the dots without difficulty. If anyone of their court was 'cheeky', it was Lance. An encounter with Lotor would explain his furious running off. But Lotor was wrong. Lance knew exactly who he was, and he would never be put back in place. 

"First of all," he started, his tone strong and unafraid, "My relationship with my father is none of your business." He took a few long strides so he could look down on Lotor like he'd never done before. 

"Secondly, my servants will never be yours. At most, they will be ours. We will rule together, and since this is my home, I forbid you to treat them like you have been in my absence. This isn't your mother's court, it is mine, and I will decide what happens in it." 

He was nearly blown away by his own audacity, but at the same time it felt right, felt like he should have done this years ago, that he'd always been capable of something like this. He wasn't even afraid of Lotor's response, whether in words or in an attack. He was prepared. 

Even though he didn't have any weapons, his body was the weakest it had ever been and he'd never beaten Lotor before. He knew he could do it. And if he failed, he wouldn't ask for mercy. He wouldn't give up. He'd beat Lotor's ass for Lance. 

"Besides, it's not called cheek when they insult you. It's called being honest, maybe you've never experienced that."

The moment Lotor saw the other prince approaching him, shortening their distance and looking down on him, he knew nothing would be the same again. He wasn't even entirely able to hide the shock In his expression no matter how hard he tried to mask it, and he couldn't avoid getting slightly tense at that somewhat imposing person - whoever it was, whatever it had done with the old Keith. 

He listened carefully, picking key words such as mine, never yours, together, home, I decide, but mostly? Forbid

His eyes got locked on his for a moment where he could almost feel the tension in the air, grinned with confidence and slowly got up to look at him from above. But Keith didn't quiver. 

"I shall admit you have some nerve to fight for your own and try and insult me," he revealed with real meaning behind, but a snort accompanied it as well. 

"But yet again, you are a fool to cross me and my mother's ruling ways. You seem to have forgotten who's actually considered a real prince. I can't help but feel bad for your kingdom if it will have you as it's ruler one day, easy going prince and laid back court. Oh, what would your father think?" He stilled.