Chapter Forty-Six: I'm Not Wearing Tights

Start from the beginning

"To a new school?" I asked.

"YNo of course not, to a new city," Evelyn said. "They know my address, remember? It was something when an angry mob of kids came to my house, what makes it worse is that they're bullies." She sighed. "My parents called 911 and had police come over to get the crowd to go away. It took a long time to explain everything."

"Thanks for ruining my life," she said, he voice dripping with sarcasm.

"No," I said, shaking my head. "We just gave you the chance to start a new one."

Evelyn scoffed. "You're just saying that so you wouldn't feel so guilty."

"I still am," I confessed, handing her a notebook. "I don't know it was the best way for payback, maybe you're never supposed to get payback. I'm not saying I could just forgive and forget, not something like that. Beating up someone won't do you anything, just get you in trouble. The better effect is if you make them feel sorry for ever doing that for the rest of their lives. I should have done something else rather than... all of this."

"So you're sorry?" She asked, taking out a poster from her locker.

"No," I said bluntly, "at the same time I'm not, you deserve it. But would you really live your life with the guilty conscience of ruining someone else's? If you're bullied, you're the last person to bully someone because you know how it feels."

"I'm not a monster," Evelyn said quietly. "Every post I wrote made me regret it the moment I clicked enter. The posts were twice a week, so I clicked enter 312 times, I counted every single time. That's 312 times I posted something about you, 312 times I ruined your life even more, and 312 times more things I had to live with in my conscience."

"Sorry to cut in ladies," Jordan said with a grunt as he pushed someone's face away. "But I'm going to have to live with 312 bruises if you don't hurry up."

"Here, this is the last one," I said, handing her a small teddy bear plush toy which she stuffed into the bag before closing it.

"Than-" She stopped herself. "Don't expect me to thank you."

"I'm not."

"Because I won't."

"Okay."

"I really won't do it."

"I know."

"Fine, you don't have to force me," she said before muttering, "thanks."

With that, she ran off. The boys tried their longest to hold the crowd back. Some kids gave up and left to get to class. The rest though pushed them away and tried to catch her. I'm hoping they won't.

"Hey Naomi!"

Knowing the voice, I turned and smiled at Parker. I haven't seen him since... he dropped me off which was last Saturday.

"Hey-"

I was suddenly shoved from behind. I stumbled forward, about to fell flat on my face and meet the floor I know all too well. But Parker caught me just in time, and helped me back to my feet.

I let out a nervous chuckle. "Sorry, I guess I'm so clumsy."

"Are you okay?" Parker asked me.

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm alright."

I could feel the guys eyes on me, knowing what happened and what I did. But I ignored them and smiled at Parker. He took my hand, moving close to me.

"Hi."

"Hi."

"I missed you."

"I missed you too."

"You guys just saw each other in the morning," Jordan pointed out.