Chapter Forty-Six: I'm Not Wearing Tights

Começar do início

"And I know you guys had something to do with the virus or whatever, maybe with Bennett's money or something-" Jordan coughed at that "-But you're going to regret ever shutting down the website and ruining everyone's virtual social life. Everything will get worse for you," Abby smirked and nodded to her right, "like her."

Just as she said that, I watched as Evelyn ran right past us then stopped in front of a locker that was probably hers.

"There she is!" Someone yelled.

Suddenly we heard the sounds of pounding feet and saw a group of kids running down the hall. Two things came to my mind. One, they have a death wish with Principal Barnes for running in the halls. Second, I was thinking that they coming for me. But instead, they ran right past us too and crowded around Evelyn.

"It's your fault my accounts don't work!"

"I can't check my Facebook! Or my Twitter, Flickr, Instagram..."

"What am I going to do now? Actual schoolwork?"

"...Snapchat, Tumblr, Vine, email..."

"It's because of that virus that came from your website!"

"...MySpace, PinInterest, Ask.fm..."

"I-I'm sorry," Evelyn stammered, but her voice was nothing compared to the yells and curses coming from the others. "It wasn't my fault with the virus, I swear.  P-please don't hurt me."

As she was saying this she was opening her locker and taking out her books and stuff out of it into her bag. But as she was reaching for another book, the door slam shut, almost catching her fingers. Before she could do anything she was shoved backwards and slammed against the lockers. I watched as someone grabbed her by the collar and lifted her up. Her hands held onto the person's arm as she pathetically kicked in the air. He was yelling at her, but it seemed to tune out to me.

"Where's my homework?" He demanded.

"I-I'm sorry," I stammered, backing away. "I had an essay and project to do. I didn't have time to work on your homework."

"You caused me a grade, Nerds!"

"T-then you should have done it yourself," I retorted.

He was silent for a moment then suddenly grabbed my collar. "Are you trying to be smart with me?"

I cursed silently to myself. "N-no, I'm sorry. I'll do the rest of your homework for the rest of the month, no year! The rest of the year!"

"That's not going to help," he growled, gripping my collar tighter.

"No, please, please," I kept on saying again and again.

And again.

Before I knew what was happening, I was pushing the guy away, letting him go of Evelyn. He was confused for a second, but then raised his hand only to be held back by Declan. The three of them pushed the people away, acting as a wall between the angry mob missing their torches and pitchforks, and us. Evelyn blinked, not knowing what to make of this, what to do. She slowly opened her locker and went back to putting her stuff into her bag. Then she stopped when I held a textbook out to her.

She looked at me. "Why are you helping me?"

I told her the best answer I could think of.

"Because I'm human."

And just like that, the both of us continued what I now figured as cleaning out her locker. Then she told me what had happened.

"Besides being grounded for life, I'm also moving."