Part 89

"The money I'm earning right now isn't enough to support.. everything in my life right now. So I talked with my manager and we decided on expanding my career. I'm getting a record label and I'm doing acting."

"That's great news! I'm happy for you!" I exclaimed. But her expression remains the same, which meant there's more that she hasn't said. With my silence she continues.

"Mine and Lucas's manager decided to put us into a relationship, and she suspects that I have something going on with you and whatever it is I have to end it or else I won't be able to expand my career."

My heart shatters upon hearing the news. I felt hot tears coming together at the corner of my eyes.

"Are you.. breaking up with me?" I said, as if I couldn't believe it. I can't, I really can't.

Her eyes were glued to the floor, not wanting to meet mine.

"Y-Yes" she replies.

My heart breaks again at the terrible news. How could she?

"But Ruby.. what about our promise? We made a fucking promise just a few days ago!" I raised my voice as tears streamed down my face like crazy.

"I know! Don't you think it hurts me that it had to turn out this way? I took a lot of thought in it and what matters most is my mom living under a comfortable roof."

"Even if it rips you away from your lover?"

She hesitantly nods, as if she refused to say the actual words.

I held her hands, trying to convince her again.

"Ruby please.. all these years of loving you and I'm not gonna let you away this easily. You know that, you too, right?"

"Please, just respect my decision. W-We weren't meant to be."

"Look at me."

Her head doesn't budge so I lifted her chin up and her glossy marbles looked into mine as her tears roll down even more, and all I wanted to do is kiss those tears away and tell her that once our promise has been made, it will not be broken.

But I didn't. I didn't want to make this any harder for her. It was already a hard decision for this and me totally disrespecting her decision will make this even more difficult for her.

So I took the heartbreaking risk and let my hands fall to my sides.

"Guess this is it huh?" I say.

"Yeah" she wipes her tears using the sleeves of her sweater.

"All of that just for a one month relationship."

"At least we cherished it" she adds. I looked at the ground and through the thick tears I managed to smile. No other words were exchanged between us so I said my last words.

"I hope you know that no one can love you the way I do, kiss you the way I do and hold you the way I do. Everything I've done is done for you. I hope you get a relationship as beautiful as ours."  With that I left her apartment.

Guess something unlucky had to happen in my life.

••••••••••••••

author's note

AAAAAAnd it's a wrap! that's the end for my first book; For you !! sorry for the disappointing ending :( if i get a good reaction maybe i'll make a sequel.. ? we'll see !! thank you so much to everyone who supported my book and gave me love and motivation throughout the process! will be looking forward to writing more :) thank you again <3333333