Chapter Six

Chapter Six: Icebreaker

****

"I'm home!" I shout out as I come in the house. Shutting the door loudly before removing my sneakers. I walk into the dining room and see all my family sitting at the table. All of them; my dad, my mom, Reece and Jasmine. Looks like they're eating early today. They've got plates and cutlery and food on the table.

"What is this?" I ask my parents, "why are we eating so soon?" I take my sit between Reece and Jasmine, gesturing around me.

"I work the afternoon to morning shift," Dad says, "come, sit."

I anxiously step toward the table. Why are they all looking at me so funny? I can't help wonder if there's something wrong. I sit at my usual spot across from Reece. He's actually being quiet. What is going on?

"Um," I clear my throat, "so, what did you cook, Mom?" I ask, trying to change the subject.

"Spaghetti with garlic bread," she answers.

"Jazz." I call out, after a few minutes of silence, trying to grab her attention. She looks at me with her brown hair in her eyes.

"What?" Jazz responds in her sassy cute voice.

"How was school today?" I ask her sincerely.

"Good," she says, taking a ginormous bite of garlic bread.

"Good?" I repeat. "That's good. What did you do?"

"I played in the sand!"

She is only in kindergarten and we were afraid she wasn't going to like school. Just like me.

"What? You aren't going to ask me how my day was?" Reece rolls his eyes grumpily.

"Oh, sorry," I roll my eyes back at him, "was it good?"

"It was until now," he snaps back at me. What. The. Hell. That little shit!

I ignore him and start eating.

"Honey, I'm going to ask you a question and I want you to be honest with me," Mother suddenly tells me. I nearly choke on my spaghetti.

"Okay?" I ask.

"Mary called me today. Brittany's mother. She told me you have been bullying Brittany at school."

Again, I nearly choke.

"W-what??? That is such a lie. It's the exact opposite!" I exclaim in shock.

"Mary says you got in her face today and humiliated her in front of everyone in the lunchroom," Mom continues.

The second part might be true.... But I definitely didn't get in her face.

"That is so untrue!" I shout angrily."Well do we need to believe what so and so says? Believe me Mom I'm not bullying her." I shake my head in disbelief.

Why does it always come back to her? Even in my own home.

I rise from the table with a sigh and walk to my room, anger bubbling inside of me. It's about to get serious, Brittany. You just wait, I think to myself. I find my journal and flip to my plans of destroying her. I quickly write down, time to step it up a notch.

I smile to myself. You're going to get what you deserve, Bitchany.

I grab my cell phone from my back pocket along with the sheet of paper Austin gave me at lunch and I type him a message.

Me: Hey, it's Roxanne :)

Less than five minutes later, my phone chimes with a reply.

Austin: Wow, you actually texted me. Haha.

I smile and type,

Me: What makes you think I wasn't going to?

Ding! He says,

Austin: I've never got a girl as pretty as you to respond lol.

I chuckle out loud. Suddenly, I forget why I'm angry in the first place. Then, it comes back to me. That black-long-haired- witch Brittany. It is time for you to go down. I smile into my mirror devilishly.

I haven't got much to say except that I hope you have a good day

I haven't got much to say except that I hope you have a good day. And that you are all well. Comment your thoughts and what you want to see more in the future.