The sword around his waist was very prominent which reflected the moon. It was sharp and enormous. I wondered how he managed to hold it when he used it.

"It's a better idea to put that back." He repeated pointing at the cup I was holding.
I blinked and raised my eyebrows.

"Well if you want to die from the start, sure, you may drink that." edge of his mouth rose.

" Its a poison made out of roses. We call them roses blood. Certainly not safe to drink them. It is better to die with a sword than this because this can kill you really painfully and I'm pretty sure of it. Just......" his words were swallowed by a sudden deafening scream. I quickly turned around, my eyes searched for the origin of the sound.

Then I found a man on the ground, who was still screaming with agony, not so far from where I was standing. He held the cup in his hand and there was liquid spilled next to him which was smoldering. I could hear a hissing sound as the poison slowly melting down the marble floor. It was like a venomous snake engulfing its prey.

This was probably happening in his guts. He screamed again in pain. He rolled on the ground as if to put off a fire inside him. I couldn't see his face properly but his face was turning into grayish color and his eyes turned white and transparent.

He swung his fists into the air and he gripped his chest tightly. He vomited black blood onto the grass, the blood started to melt the grass as if it was just a piece of ice. The smell of blood and vomit filled the air, and he shrieked again  "It's better to die quickly than to die slowly" I heard the girl murmur into her brother’s ear.

"Move everyone!" He shouted. And he shot out some kind of blinding light out of his hands and the man on the floor disappeared leaving only pure black, hellish dust on the ground.

My jaw dropped. What had he done? This place was even more mysterious than she had thought. Rose poisons which make u insane, people wearing massive swords, weird ominous, pale, white light shooting out of boy's hands. Was this normal here? I bet it was because most of the people seemed to look at the dust as if it was something normal. People were dying in front of their own eyes whilst they managed to remain placid and solemn.

This place was somewhat more than I had imagined to be, as I learned this world more, the more I didn’t understand this world.

He poured mud over the cruel remains and He came a step closer to me. " That happens to people who drink that thing." He pointed at the cup I was still holding. He seemed to dislike it very much but the tone he said "that thing."

I just stood still. Astonished and shocked for I had never seen anyone die like this. My feet were locked to the ground and my eyes were paralyzed. I looked at the liquid in the cup again swirling the cup in my hands. They looked weirdly normal, it just looked like water, I didn’t know how could something so small possibly pose a threat to people. I carefully placed the cup back to were it belonged.

He smirked when he read my expression.

" Your welcome." He whispered in my ears. His green eyes gleaming with mysterious amusement  " My name is Michael in case you want to thank me again once you understand how close you came to dying."

I was still in the same spot frozen. I hadn’t expected anything like this.

Soon the tension and murmurs died into silence and everyone turned their attention to something above their heads.

" Ladies and Gentlemen.....!" Someone announced loudly. I darted my eye across the crowd and then I glanced up in the sky. There stood the man who had led me to this game. The man with the black mask.

" and of course our esteemed dear staffs, the Black Cards" He pointed with his black stick to the people who were standing, no wait, floating in the air next to him. There were stunning men and women. They all wore black clothes with silver daggers by their side. They were the organizers and staff of the game.

"I warmly welcome you all to the End Game! We are starting the next round. Interesting thing is, there are few changes to the rules this time. "

He smiled and took out an old black scroll from his back. The uncurled it. He looked into it and his eyes widened.

" Well, there are a few unexpected changes. Hmm, Interesting. New participants get to have a minor staff assisting them until they finally adjust to the game like other participants. And there will be more staff on guard during the game to prevent unfairness and exploiting."

He then looked up from the scroll." This is it and as you know remaining rules are the same. This game will take place in roses castle. The theme of the game is the royal ball. As you all know the time is limited to one month. You have to win this round to get to the final round. New participants can hear the rules from the assistants.”

Then he clutched his hands and were about to go but then he suddenly turned. " Forgot to mention the most important thing.” He paused for a second.” Your mission is to find Teressa young. She will tell you the way to end this game. “

My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open. Teressa young was my mother’s name. My name was Riana young daughter of Teressa young. My heart thudded with fear and confusion. What was she doing in End game? Was it a good thing that I had more clues or was it bad that I had to face pain and sorrow again? I was entirely clueless.

“Good luck everyone, may the odds be in your favor!"

"For a Wish, a New beginning and a Dead end" everyone responded together.

The host disappeared into the thin air.

The Game had finally started
.........................

Hello, guys thanks for reading till here. It was a lot of effort. Phew
You know it's my joy to know u guys enjoy the chapter. I guess you'll understand me if ur one of watty writers.

SO PLZ COMMENT AND VOTE. It is a strong encouragement for me!!! Plz help me continue writing.!♡ love u guys!