Something Just Like This (Fem Reader)

Hey guys, welcome to the first oneshot with Izuku Midoriya! I don't own any MHA characters or the image. Please enjoy! This is a songfic to the song 'Something Just Like This' by The Chainsmokers and Coldplay. Lyrics are in bold and italics.

*AU where All Might never gave Izuku his quirk, so the sludge villain never attacked Bakugo or Deku*

Warnings: Language, Insecure Deku, Bully Bakugo

Key:

(Y/N) = Your Name

(Y/L/N) = Your Last Name

(H/C) = Hair Colour

(E/C) = Eye Colour

(F/Y) = Favourite YouTuber

I've been reading books of old

The legends and the myths

    Ever since Izuku Midoriya found out he was quirkless, his life was shifted upside down. His dream of becoming a great hero like All Might was pretty much destroyed, but he never gave up. He was determined to be a great hero. He spent all his free time writing in his notebooks and reading up on heroes, old and new.

Achilles and his gold

Hercules and his gifts

Spiderman's control

And Batman with his fists

    Izuku was in his classroom, trying desperately not to cry. His bully, Katsuki Bakugo, had just destroyed his notebook and threw out the window. As Bakugo was leaving, he offered Izuku some 'advice'. "You know, if you really want to be a hero that badly, there actually might be another way." Bakugo began. Izuku stayed silent, not trusting his voice. "Just pray that you'll be born with a quirk in your next life, and take a swan dive off the roof of the building." He finished, sly smirk on his face. Before anyone could do anything, a girl with (H/C) hair and (E/C) eyes barged into the class. "You better shut the fuck up Bakago!" She declared, eyes narrowed. Bakugou's goonies shook in fear while Bakugo just scoffed. The girl was (Y/L/N) (Y/N), Izuku's girlfriend. However, Izuku was too distracted in his own thoughts to notice her arrival. 'He's right. I'll never be a hero without a quirk. (Y/N) deserves someone better, someone who can actually be a hero.'

And clearly I don't see myself upon that list

    "Why should I listen to damn Deku's bitch?" Bakugo taunted, hands sparking. (Y/N) just smirked and moved to stand right in front of him, glaring into his eyes. "Because, if you keep pissing me off, I will not only kick your ass, I'll make sure you never become a hero." She threatened, her own hands beginning to get covered in frost. Bakugo stood his ground while his friend remembered what he had heard from their teachers. "Bakugo! Let's just go!" His sidekick said, pissing off the ash blonde even more. "Why?! I'm not scared of anyone, let alone a weak little girl!" He shouted. "She isn't just any girl, she's All Might's daughter!" His sidekick explained while Bakugo's eyes went wide. "Whatever, let's beat it. She's not worth my time anyways!" Bakugo roared, leaving the room with his friends. (Y/N) smirked proudly and rushed over to her boyfriend. "Izuku! Are you alright? Don't listen to anything he said!" She exclaimed, hugging him tightly. Izuku snapped out of it and looked up to see his girlfriend. "Why are you with me?" He asked, eyes full of sadness. (Y/N) looked taken aback before Izuku spoke again. "Why are you with me? I'm just a useless Deku like Kacchan says. I don't have a quirk so it's not like I can protect you or anyone. So, why are you with me?" He repeated, tears welling in his eyes.

But she said, "Where'd you wanna go?

How much you wanna risk?

I'm not looking for somebody