Weeds - Chapter Twenty nine

Start from the beginning

"That’s deep." I concluded. 

He chuckled, "Yeah I guess it is." 

"Are you in love with her?"  

He stopped to think about it for a second but finally nodded, "Yeah, I think I am." 

"She's a lucky girl." I tried to keep the bitterness out of my tone, but it was evident. For the first time in my life I wished I was someone else, I wished I was her. Maybe  I wouldn’t be this close to him if I was  her and if I wouldn’t know him this way if I was in her place. Or if she did know him that much, I wished that she considered everything that he did and told her special because I considered everything about him special and again, it’s unfair.  

I smiled though, because I didn’t want him to know just how bitter I was, sometimes its just easier to pretend you're fine than admit you're dying. 

And yes I stole that off Tumblr. 

It was exactly that moment, October 31st 2013 at twelve thirty eight am  that I realized that I had feelings for Elliott Preston, and I had for a long time. 

"Elliott?" 

"Yeah?" 

"I think you're going to be okay." 

"I hope you're right." 

The party ended sometime around three am.  

When the last people were shoved into their taxi it was only Elliot, Jake, Ghost and I left over. We ended up watching dark shadows until dawn since non of us were tired enough to sleep and it felt like the movie suited the day nicely. 

We were all laying on Elliott's bed with our back on the back board. 

When I woke up later that morning it was to the smell of tea and I was basically lifted from my bed and wafted into the kitchen. 

I opened my eyes and took a deep yawn. 

My head pounded into my skull and I slowly lifted myself into a seated position. 

Where was I? 

I stood up slowly, I was still wearing my Halloween costume. What happened last night? 

I tiptoed around the bend and peeked out, there was a kitchen. 

There was a half dressed guy. 

There was a half dressed guy in the kitchen. 

There was a half dressed hot guy in the kitchen. 

There was a half dressed Elliott in the kitchen. 

I stepped forward as he turned off the stove and his eyes shot to me. 

"You're up." 

"Good observation." 

As if he had just realized he wasn’t wearing a shirt he cursed under his breath and grabbed a black T-shirt with an animated ghost on it and the words, ' I'm here for the boos!' written in bold italics,  which had lying on the counter and he pulled it on. 

"How'd you sleep?" He asked pouring two cups of tea. 

"Fine, my head hurts though, what happened last night?" 

Elliott handed me my mug, he raised a brow, "You don’t remember?" 

I shook my head. 

He sighed, "Nothing too interesting, you just passed out at one point."