πρώτα

πρώτα

Reyna was in deep trouble.

She had gone over the plan with Tara countless times before arriving at the exclusive club. It seemed easy. Tara and Reyna would feign as common club-goers, track down Jonathan, Tara would do the talking and eventually lure Jonathan away to do the evil act. Reyna would simply assist her- nothing more-, but here she was talking with this man who allegedly drugs girls to get on with them. How desperate could someone get?

"Tell me your name, darling," Jonathan purred, leading Reyna over towards the bar, his hand ghosting over her waist.

Reyna struggled to force down the disgust that rolled over her. Just by being around the rich business man, he gave off a creepy vibe. There was no other way to describe it. His dark hair was slicked back, and his Italian suit was crisp and soft. He seemed too perfect with the his too tan skin and too white smile. He was plastic.

"Reyna," she answered slowly, formulating a plan to find Tara.

The man hummed in appreciation. "Reyna," he repeated. "Is it true then? Are you a queen?

Reyna frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Reyna derives from Spanish. It means queen. I wouldn't be surprised if you were one- you are absolutely breathtaking-"

Reyna cut him off with nervous laughter. She turned away from him, attempting to force down the memories of Daniel. Too often did he call her his princess or queen- almost as much as he called her mi amore. It was a small joke between them, considering it was ironic since they both were no where near royalty.

"I can assure you that I am nowhere near a queen," Reyna answered, the throb in her heart worsening.

Jonathan smiled before waving over a bartender. The worker trudged over, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, Mr. Craver? May I get you anything?" he asked formally.

The bartender gave Reyna a fleeting look. Pity. A dread had now taken control of Reyna. This was the part of Jonathan's plan where she would be given the spiked drink. Reyna racked her mind for ways to escape out of this situation but she only came up blank.

"The usual for me, and something special for this little lady over here," Jonathan replied smoothly, sending Reyna a quick wink.

I'm way over my head.

Reyna dimly listened to Jonathan as he droned on about his various trips to foreign countries. He used huge, extravagant words to impress her, but Reyna merely nodded a long, not paying attention. Over Jonathan's shoulder, she curiously watched the bartender's movements as he mixed the drinks. It was difficult with his back turned towards Reyna, but she noticed the jerky, nervous movements. Something was definitely wrong. Reyna began to nervously tap her fingers against the counter.

"Here you go," the bartender chirped, sliding the drinks towards Jonathan and Reyna.

Reyna cautiously picked up the thin, sparkling glass. She held the delicate drink up to her face, eyeing the crimson liquid. It looked like a harmless fruit punch, but this drink had caused so much to pain to other girls. Reyna peered over the rim, noting Jonathan's pleased expression.

No way out.

Reyna raised her the glass to her lips, eyes closed.

By some kind of fate, it was at that moment Tara scouted Reyna at the opposite side of the club. She slipped through the cracks of the turbulent crowd, her mind locked on the target. Her heart stuttered and nearly stopped in her chest when she spotted the drink in Reyna's hand.

This mission is not going to go down in flames.

Stepping smoothly next to Reyna as silent as a mouse, she jostled her arm. Reyna held firm onto the glass, but the deadly concoction sloshed out of her drink.

"My bad," Tara said sarcastically, her body turned towards Jonathan. "I didn't see you there."

Jonathan smirked, his calculating eyes scooping out Tara. "No hard feelings. Accidents happen."

Tara smiled and held out her hand. "The names is Destiny Reynolds. I'm here for Mr. Carters, your potential new partner, who sadly couldn't arrive today. As you know, his wife is pregnant and can pop any moment. He wanted me to run over a few things with you if you don't mind. Maybe we could head towards somewhere private? I wouldn't mind if you..."

Tara's eyes fluttered up to a relived Reyna.

"Brought your friend."

Jonathan reluctantly accepted Tara's outstretched hand. "What a pleasure to meet you Destiny," he drawled. "However, I had no idea I even was planning to meet with Mr. Carter this evening."

"It was last minute. Mr. Carter called me and told me that you are usually here today and that you wouldn't be too busy," Tara lied smoothly.

Jonathan nodded slowly, digesting every bit of information. "I suppose I could spare a moment or two to run over a few things."

Tara smiled. "Please lead the way, Mr. Craver."

Adjusting his tie, Jonathan motioned for the duo to follow him.

Tara winked at Reyna, a silent message passing through the two Amazonian girls.

***

"What do we do with him now?" Reyna inquired.

Jonathan Craver was currently tied to his own office chair with rope that Tara had practically called upon from nowhere. His mouth was gagged with one of his own socks and tapped securely there for good measure. He thrashed painfully, attempting to yell for help, but all that could be heard was muffled words. His slicked hair had been yanked and pull, and his once tan face was now a bright red.

Tara paced around him, tapping her chin.

"I've thought of something quick like slitting his throat. That seems to get the work job the best, but I want to be more creative."

She twirled and placed herself gracefully on his desk, faced towards the resisting man. "Maybe to make sure the police don't catch onto our tale, we can hang him. It wouldn't be surprising, considering that his use of illegal drugs had leaked to the news. Alcohol is already in his system, so maybe it can make sense. There are already no cameras in his office or the hallway since he likes his privacy."

Jonathan became more desperate with every word of Tara's.

"What do you think, Reyna?"

"Hanging sounds smart," Reyna agreed.

Tara smirked.

"Well we can call this case closed."

***

ugh sorry for the long wait. this chapter is all over the place ughhhhhhhh

- sarah

p.s- this is unedited