Onto Becoming a Warrior

"Happy Birthday Izuku!" Izuku's parents shouted in excited as their child walked through the door.

"Aah!" Izuku almost spilled the water from her hydria, setting it down carefully she hugged her parents, "I didn't think you guys would remember!"

"Of course we would." Hisashi said, "Come your mother cooked a wonderful meal for your birthday."

Inko cried many tears seeing that her baby was already 10 and was growing up so fast. After her husband Hisashi calmed her down the family enjoyed a wonderful meal. Hisashi went to bed a bit early since he was tired and had work the next morning. "Izuku get ready for bed sweetie."

"Okay mom!" Izuku then changed into her favorite mint green nightgown. She walked back to the kitchen to turn off the lamp but Inko interrupted her before she could.

"Izuku I have something I want to give you."

"Mom you didn't have to get me anything you know. I much rather prefer if you used that money for food."

"This didn't cost me anything! It's in an important family heirloom. Your grandmother gave me this and now I'm giving it to you." Inko gave her a golden lamp with royal blue plating and pink floral embroidery.

" Inko gave her a golden lamp with royal blue plating and pink floral embroidery

"It's beautiful. Thank you mom!" Izuku Hughes her mother tightly.

"Not so tight Izuku you're much stronger than I. Before you go to bed do you mind helping me bring the hydria to the bedroom for me?"

"I got it mom don't worry!" As soon as Izuku went to pick up the hydria it felt 10 times lighter, "That's weird."

"What's weird Izuku?"

"I carried this earlier today and it was a lot heavier than before. Maybe I've just gotten used to the weight, well I have been doing this every day for the past few months."

"Izuku."

"Then again it was a smaller pot before and the walk to the river isn't that far maybe it's something else?"

"Izuku."

"I've been eating a bit more recently and doing the round trips for water probably let me build up some muscle."

"Izuku!"

"Aah yes mom!"

She shakily pointed her hand at the hydria which is now floating in the air, "Look what you're doing!" Izuku turned her head and saw the hydria floating.

"Mom why is it floating?! Have we upset the gods and they sent this to kill us!" As Izuku panicked the hydria stopped floating and shattered when it hit the ground causing all of the water inside to rush out on the floor.

Hisashi woke up from the loud crash and grabbed a dagger and ran out to the kitchen, "What's going on who broke in?!" He was frazzled.

"D-dad the hydria was floating and then it just fell."

Hisashi just turned to his wife in confusion, "Inko can you explain this to me?"

"It's exactly what Izuku said." She wakes closer to Izuku and put her hand on her cheek.

"Mom?"

"Hisashi I think she might be a blessed one."

His eyes widened, "Do you think so?"

"Y-you're joking around! Right?"

"How else would we explain what just happened?"

"Can you try doing it again so I can see?" Hisashi added.

"B-but I don't know how to do what I did even if that was me!"

"Maybe try focusing on the hydria and putting it back together?"

"Alright." Izuku took a deep breath in and exhaled out. She set both of her hands out in front of her and thought hard about the shards being put back together. Slowly the shards glow a faint mint green and begun to lift in the air.

"H-Hisashi." Inko furiously tapped his shoulder in shock.

"I-I see it too Inko."

"Izuku look at what you're doing!"

Izuku opened her eyes to see the piece welding themselves back together, "I'm doing something. Oh my goodness!" Her small celebration was short-lived because it drew her attention away from her task and the piece to the hydria fell apart again. "Oh no!"

"Izuku it's okay sweetie I guess we all have to start somewhere." Inko hugged her daughter. Hisashi soon joined in.

"And whatever you decide to do with the blessing that you've been I'm sure your mother and I will always be with you."

Months had gone by since Izuku had first found out about her powers. They only seemed to grow, at first she could lift small objects and float them, and all of sudden she could breathe fire. There seemed to be no limit as to what she can do. The emperor soon heard of this new woman that has been blessed with unimaginable powers and sent a letter written by himself to train her in a warrior camp.

"Are you sure Izuku? You don't have to."

"I'm sure Mom, Dad. I haven't been doing anything with this wonderful gift of mine. By going to this camp and training I can help others who aren't as fortunate as myself."

"If you're going to go take the lamp with you. Keep it as a lucky charm Izuku." Inko was trying but failing to hold back tears.

"Keep that smile on your face Izuku. You look better when you're happy and besides you can't go around saving people if you look grumpy all the time." Hisashi added.

"Yeah dad I'll save people with a smile on my face so they never have to be worried!"

"That's my girl." Hisashi rubbed his hand on her head, "If any boys gives you any trouble send me a letter will, and I will personally go over and beat them up for you!"

"You don't have to do that dad." Izuku sweatdropped. There was a knock on the door that interrupted the conversation.  Izuku when towards the door and slid it open. A man in very formal attire was on the other side.

"Good morning I am here to escort Izuku Midoriya to the warrior camp if she wishes to go."

"That's me and yes I'm going to attend."

"Good are you packed? I hope you travel lightly."

"Yes." Izuku turned around and hugged her parents, "Bye mom bye dad. I love you guys so much."

"We love you too."

Izuku then headed off with her escort onto a new journey of life.

•••••••••
Hydria: a type of water-carrying vessel in the metalwork and pottery of Ancient Greece.