Fashionably Late - A Killer Unlike Us

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Start the next match!"

I squirmed in unease, looking down at Naruto. Naruto was probably getting frustrated that Sasuke wasn't here yet. A few minutes passed. The Proctor in the arena looked up at the crowd, prepared to say something.

"Uh, seeing at the ten minutes has passed..." He started, dragging on his sentence slowly. "The next match is--"

A small cyclone of wind appeared in the middle of the arena next to Shika, Naruto, and the proctor. My eyes widened. 'What the hell was happening?' As the cyclone started to slow down, to figures became more visible in the middle.

Gravity defining gray hair. Kakashi.

Onyx hair shaped like the behind of a duck. Sasuke.

I smiled. "Sasuke, you idiot. You know how to draw attention to yourself, dont you?" I mumbled.

That's when I was able to take in Sasuke's change of appearance. His hair had grown slightly longer. And instead of wearing his blue Uchiha shirt and white shorts, it appeared that he was wearing a full out black jumpsuit of sorts? I frowned. He looked really dark. A lot more emo than he did before.

Immediately, the crowd started to cheer loudly. They wanted the next round to stay right away after waiting for him to arrive. The proctor called Gaara down into the stadium, which meant Naruto and Shika were going to come back up. A frown appeared on my face when they still weren't here after a few minutes. The match was already starting. Sasuke and Gaara were standing face to face.

"Begin!" The proctor exclaimed, jumping away.

Immediately, Gaara's sand started to seep out his gourd, causing Sasuke to jump back a few steps. My eyes widened when Gaara hunched over and covered his eye, seeming to appear in pain. Then as quick as it started, his sand fell to the ground and he stood tall, unfazed to what was happening to him just a few seconds ago.

Sasuke wasted no time and flung shurikens at Gaara. Gaara flawlessly caught them with his sand, which formed a aand clone oh himself holding the shurikens that were caught. Sasuke ran up to the clones, punching at them fearlessly. His arms were held by the sand, but he quickly fixed that by attacking the sand once more and causing it to disperse the clone.

And then before I knew it, Sasuke was running straight towards Gaara's wall of sand head on. My eyes widened. What in the world was Sasuke thinking!? As Sasuke aimed to hit the wall directly, Gaara kept the same there. However, Sasuke quickly vanished and appeared behind Gaara, throwing him into a state of shock. He attacked Gaara with the exact same moves and speed that Lee had when he was fighting Gaara himself. I was stunned. Just what kind of training did Kakashi put Sasuke through?

As much as I wanted to watch this match, I couldn't help but wonder where both Shika and Naruto went. I backed away from the banister slowly and made my way towards the stairs.

"I don't want to see how this fight will end up, anyways." I muttered, assuming that one or the other was going to end up dad, presumably, Sasuke. "I gotta find Naruto..."

I ran down the stairs quickly, making my way down a few hallways until I could sense their chakras. Before I could even turn into the next hallway, I was interrupted. "I'm going to stop this match!"

I furrowed my eyebrows together. "Naruto?" I asked, coming face to face with Shika and Naruto as they ran into me. "Where were you two? What's happening?"

Naruto eyes widened, "Reina! We have to get to Kakashi-sensei!" He shouted, worry laced in his voice.

I looked over at Shika, hoping he would give me some sort of clue as to why Naruto was acting erratic.

"Don't ask me, but Sasuke is facing a real troublesome opponent right now. He's dangerous." Shika stated, beads of sweat in his forehead.

I frowned, "What happened? What did you guys see?" I asked quietly.

Naruto shook his head, "Reina-chan, that doesn't matter right now. We need to go to Kakashi-sensei and stop this match!" Naruto exclaimed, his eyes wide in worry and fear.

"But--"

"No! Let's go!" Naruto retorted, grabbing ahold my my wrist and running towards the stadium seats.

~*~

"Kakashi-sensei!"

I panted heavily on the ground with Shika from all the running Naruto made us do to reach Kakashi.

"Huh? What do you want?" Kakashi asked Naruto, after casting a quick glance down at me.

I panted and looked away from Kakashi, not wanting to have any sort of conversation with him right now.

"Sensei! Please stop this match right away!" Naruto pleaded, "This guy is totally different than us! He's not normal! He lives to kill people. In any case...he's going to kill Sasuke!"

Naruto is right. If Gaara didn't hold back with Lee, then he wasn't going to hold back when facing against Sasuke. Plus, from what Shika and Naruto told me, Gaara had gone to visit Lee in the hospital and kill him once and for all. He doesn't care about anything or anyone. He just wants blood to be shed.

Kakashi grunted and looked back towards the arena, turning his back on us. "Don't worry, Sasuke and I... We didn't just arrive late for no reason." He replied.

My eyes widened. They were training until the very last minute, weren't they?  I smiled sadly. I guess Kakashi found someone who was capable of inheriting great skills and techniques after all. I stood up, my eyes wandering down towards the middle of the arena. Sasuke was facing a dome of sand, which I'm assuming Gaara was sheltered inside of.

I cast my eyes downward towards my feet. Sasuke should be able to hand himself if he was trained firsthand by Kakashi. But more importantly...

He wouldn't allow himself to be killed by Gaara, right?

Everything would be okay?