Meeting New People - Getting A Pleasant Surprise?

Kakashi's View

We neared the leaf village gates. I smiled softly, happy that I was back. I looked over my shoulder at Reina. Her beautiful child like face had a peaceful look, but at the same time it held pain. Sighing I stopped at the gates, only to be greeted by Izumo and Kotetsu.

"Hey Kakashi, how was your mission?" Kotetsu asked yawning slightly.

"It was fine.." I answered, not wanting to explain what I saw exactly.

"Oi, Kakashi... Who's the kid?" Izumo asked as he eyed Reina.

I rose an eyebrow, that he actually noticed. I mean, these two usually don't notice much with how much they sleep during their job. You could just walk into the village unnoticed and they wouldn't notice a thing for awhile.

I glanced at Reina, then at them. "During my mission I sensed a powerful chakra source, and of course I went to see who it belonged to. I walked into this prison on the east side of the town. It was horrible, completely destroyed and abandoned with streaks of blood completely covering the floor. I went through every cell, only to find more blood... It wreaked of death." I explained taking a small breath, "After a small search of this prison, I was going to leave and continue my original mission. But I couldn't when I heard a child scream in pure agony. And let's just say I found this child, bloody, beaten, and bruised... Her names Reina."

Their expressions held, horror and fear, but mostly a little relief for the child.

"It's a relief you rescued her.." Izumo breathed.

I nodded in agreement. I don't know what would've happened to her if I had never found her. Would she still be alive, or would she be in the worst case...dead?

"Yeah, are you going to take her to see lord Hokage?" Kotetsu asked.

"Yes. I promised I would wake her once we got there." I explained.

Izumo's eyes gained a spark in them, "Well, why don't you wake her now? You are here..." Izumo grinned.

Kotetsu grinned to, "Yeah, come one Kakashi! I wanna meet the kid!" He whined like a child, which he was.

I groaned. 'These idiots aren't to leave me alone, are they?' I thought. I sighed and decided to wake her up now. I shook her softly. She stirred and groaned. I shook her again but a little harder, she yawned cutely and opened her eyes slowly.

"Ugh... Kakashi-san?" She whispered still half asleep, "Are we here...?" She asked.

I rose my visible eyebrow at the honorific 'san', does she consider me to be a higher up?

"Yes, we're here.. I'd like you to meet these two idiots, Izumo," I poked at Izumo. "And Kotetsu," I poked his eye. "Oh and please, call me Kakashi, no need for honorifics." I smiled.

She giggled each time I poked one of the chunin. She even stood up and poked Izumo in the leg. And let me say that she didn't poke him so nicely. Izumo grunted and glared softly at her.

"Aw, isn't she a cutie Kakashi~" Kotetsu cooed at her.

Reina blushed at the compliment and hid behind me. I chuckled and ruffled her hair. She groaned and fixed her hair with a pout. Izumo stared at her intensely, I saw Reina squirm under his gaze.

"Maa, Izumo anything wrong?" I questioned.

He snapped out of his intense gaze, "Huh? Oh, no. It's just that I noticed she has blue hair and blue eyes... doesn't that mean she's from the...Hizō clan?" He whispered to me.

I froze and glared slightly at the name, I guess I'm not the only one who knows of the bloodthirsty Hizō clan.

"Yes, it does. I'm guessing she was a prisoner of some sort but who knows the reason why. I'm going to know once I take her to the Hokage, but for now let's let it slide." I whispered back quietly enough that Reina would not hear.

He nodded and glanced at Reina once more, then stared. Hm? I glanced at Reina to check on her, and looked away pretty quickly. Wait what?! I looked at her once more and saw that she was on Kotetsu's back giggling madly while tugging at his hair.

"Hehe, go Koko-kun, go!" She squealed in delight.

Izumo covered his mouth, but then seconds later burst into a fit of laughter.

"Koko-kun?" He asked in between laughs.

Kotetsu blushed, "So? I think it's a cool nickname." he pouted.

I smirked. I had to agree with Izumo. Koko-kun? Really? It was a childish name, but I have to say that it did actually fit him with his child like behavior.

"Haha, yeah right!" Izumo said.

Reina glared at Izumo evilly, she stomped over to him and kicked his leg.

"Ow! What was that for?!" He shrieked.

"For being a meanie to Koko-kun! Baka!" She shouted.

Izumo's eyes widened, then he glared at the little girl. I stared in amusement. These three could be pretty entertaining at times.

"Really? Well, why does he get a nickname and I don't?" Izumo asked.

'Hm, so that's what it was, he wanted one to, jealous perhaps?.' I thought.

Reina brightened up and jumped in joy. "I got it, I got it! It's..."

"Izu-kun!"

Izumo smirked in triumph.

"Well, I think my nickname is better than Koko-kun" Izumo bragged shoving it in Kotetsu's face.

Kotetsu glared at Izumo and lunged at him, yanking at his hair.

"My nickname is cool!!"

"Koko-kun is not cool at all! Izu-kun is way better!"

They argued back and forth non-stop, I groaned in annoyance and watched as Reina giggled in amusement. My gaze softened at the sight of her. She somehow managed to lift my mood just at the sight of her being in joy. I looked up at the sky and noticed that it was getting dark quickly. I walked over to Reina and knelt down to her height.

"Reina, we have to get going now. I need to take you to the Hokage, and he'll explain everything else from there, okay?" I explained carefully.

Reina nodded, and took a deep breath. "Ne, Kakashi... When Ho-Hokage-san talks to me, will I still be with you? Or... will I be alone?" Reina asked me.

I opened my mouth to answer but I shut it once more. I actually didn't know what would happen with Reina after we speak with the Hokage, but we should at least hope for the best.

I looked at Reina with a closed eye smile. "Ne, Reina-chan. Don't worry, just hope for the best, alright?" I said.

Reina nodded and smiled at me, I smiled back. I bent down even lower and pointed at my back, Reina gave me a questioning look. But then understood what I was trying to say. She hopped onto my shoulders and wrapped her legs around my neck tightly, but a little loosely at the same time. We started walking off into the village, but Reina tugged at my hair making me stop.

She looked behind us and yelled, "Bye, bye Koko-kun, Izu-kun! See you later!"

I chuckled at her enthusiasm and with that we headed to the Hokage's mansion.

____________

Edit: Kakashi learned Reina's name while she was sleeping. You gotta thank sleep talking sometimes. Please notice that I did this chapter a while back when I was new to writing. There WILL be mistakes.