"Sometimes we make bad decisions." Mel speaks and I instantly know his words are going to make me feel better. "We made some, you made some. But what we didn't manage to see is that you made yours to try and protect us."

"Yeah. And we started that shit on our own. You were just dragged into it unwillingly." Dylan says.

"What we want to say, is that we're sorry." Dave offers me a small smile.

"I'm sorry, too." I say shyly. "I shouldn't have kept anything from you guys, especially since it's something I knew nothing about."

"No worries, sugar. To be honest, getting involved in that was a hard thing. You tried to protect us nevertheless. Most people would just ditch." Carter tells me.

I shrug before my lips turn upwards and I bring them all in a hug again.

"Thank you for coming today." I say.

"Happy birthday, Kat." Mel gives me a nonchalant smirk, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Move along, boys! My turn!"

The boys do as they are ordered, although I see the smiles on their faces. As they part, the face of my cousin comes in view. She jumps into my arms, almost crushing me completely.

"Happy birthday, you little bitch." Hailey laughs. She's wearing a silky dress and the material jumbles up when I hug her back.

"I missed you, cuz." I giggle into her hear. Luke appears behind her, giving me a sideways hug. I haven't seen him the longest and suddenly I wonder if he grew any taller.

"Happy birthday." He says with a smile.

"Kat!" I lift my head and see Jessica and Sarah run over to me.

"Girls!" I run over to meet them halfway.

After the hugging and the tears spilt mostly on my part, it mainly comes down to drinking and partying. I missed having all of them in one place and we haven't seen each other properly since summer. And it is crazy how much I've missed them even though I knew them only for a month or two. They became my friends in a really short time and somehow, there's a lot to catch up on.

Cindy eventually appears, bringing another giant cake with lots of candles on it. Alex and her hand me a beautifully decorated box and I gasp when I open it, taking out a giant pillow with the faces of us three on it. Best fucking friends in the world.

It doesn't take me long to figure out that we are in some kind of a VIP sector of a club. What concerns me is how exactly we got it because I know for a fact that these things are expensive. And despite Alex being an amazing friend, she would never spend thousands of dollars on a VIP area so when I ask how exactly we managed to find ourselves here, I get a simple answer.

"Wes actually organized the setting." Alex shrugs, swirling her glass of wine in her hand. "He has this friend who apparently invests in this club and he arranged us a private part."

I stay shocked, but there's another thought on my mind. Wes might've found the place, but for the past hour, he's been nowhere in sight. Even Adeen, Nick and Michelle showed up with birthday wishes and cool presents.

Adeen did gift me a hundred condoms, but that's not the point.

Wes, however, didn't show up at all. I have no idea where he is. A part of me is worried he might be angry at me again.

"Holy shit." I widen my eyes in disbeilef. I've peeked behind the curtains of the VIP, and this club, called Underland, is really impressive. I've never been to a club which looked so exclusive and wide. It's well decorated and certainly has a line of people just dying to get inside. It must be a good investment for sure.