Chapter 16: i'm Evelyn Rigg....

I finished Outlast yesterday and Im so proud of myself aaaaahh. A 15 year old playing a horror game all on her own Lmao. I also really like this chapter so.... lemme know what u think. Pleas pleas

He cared. Maybe that's it.
Suddenly the arms give a small squeeze and the arms slip away, followed by a dull bang on the floor.
"Ughh..." Miles rubs his head and sits on the floor. I keep silent but then turn around, looking at him, he spots me smiling and he looks away. "Oh... morning..." his face turns red. "I Uh..."
It's okay...
I get up and stretch, I can see him stare at my body. I frown and he looks away quickly. I chuckle and open the door. Directly getting pulled back by Miles. "Wait....listen..." he holds up a finger and lets me listen. Chain sounds in the distance. It's Chris damn walker.
I open my eyes widely and close the door again.
Ugh...
I roll my eyes and smiles stares at me, frowning.
What?
I raise an eyebrow.
"You have nice eyes..."
He meant the blue one and the green one.
I brush my hair behind my ear and blush a bit. Nodding as a thanks. Then I open the door again and drag miles along. "....kitchen..." I whisper.
I hold his arm and drag him along. Quickly going into an office to avoid Chris, I go under the desk, Miles keep standing but I drag him with me under there, putting my finger on his lips. Staring into his eyes saying.
Keep your mouth shut!

Chris bursts in and breathes heavily. Had he been patrolling all night. He huffs loudly and leaves again, then I pull miles up and he just hits his head. "Fuck!..."
"Shh!" I rub his head and then pull him fully up, I want to grab his hand but that wouldn't be a good idea.
I grab his arm and just drag him trough the hallway, to the kitchen. "Little pig!"
Fuck!

I run and see the open air vent, Miles climbs up the table and jumps into the vent, holding his arms out I jump into them. Into the air vent, into safety.

We go to the elevator and I look down at the floor, knowing what's next. "It...it needs a key..." he mumbles out stuttering on the edge of tears. "I'll go back... don't worry..." Miles looks back at the vent, I shake my head. I push him slowly in the elevator, holding his collar tightly, kissing him softly on his cheek. I didn't wanna let him go. I really wanted to go along with him. But again, I'm Evelyn Rigg and I'm a psycho.

"Take care...."

I put a key in the lock,twisting it. Then I pushing the button, walking out before the doors close.

"No!" He yells and tries to get out, but the elevator is already going down. "No! Evelyn! Fuck! Fuck!" He slams his hands on the buttons but the elevator keeps going.
"No...no...NO!"
His voice echoed trough the elevator shaft and all I could do was listen.

Miles' POV:

"God fucking damnit..." I whisper while holding my jaw shut. She probably had no idea how much she meant to me.
If I survive she has too, and I would take care of her. No matter what. I cross my arms and tap my feet unpatiently. I didn't want to see weak but it came pretty close to be me being it.
The files under my arm were tightly squeezed together and the notes were crumbled up into my jean pockets. She still has my jacket but I don't mind that, the cold brushes trough my white, covered in blood that isn't even mine, blouse.
The elevator stops and the doors open, they open to a bright hallway, weird texture walls and a lot of tubes. I step out and the doors close. "Shit...Uh..." I look around, the bright light stings my eyes.

I slowly walk around. BLOCK 4 a sign says. I frown and walk to the doors, opening them ans seeing the sign Morphogenic Engine
"The engine..." I read out loud. I stare at it. I stare it it, thinking of what Evelyn told me about it.
"Stop it Miles... don't Get yourself so obsessed with a girl...." I say to myself. "Shes just a girl... a random girl....get her out of your head for gods sake..."
I talk to myself and keep walking.

I go into a door and there he is. Dr warnicke,
Rambling to be about Billy Hope, how I have to kill him. All of these things are confusing, I only want to get back to Evelyn.  Evelyn...

Evelyn's pov:

I wander around the administration block and look at the mess, of course the main exit is locked. Miles had no other change then go down to the labs, I knew that. I go the a hallway there the Security Control is, the doors are open and the computers are still monitoring the place. From female ward to indeed the labs. I sit down on the chair and look at the screens, adjusting them all on the laboratory's.
And there he is, wondering around the hallway B.
Then on the other monitor I can see a dark shadow Rip someone apart. I bite my nails and think for a little. The Walrider could easily rip miles apart.
Why do you care....
Go!
Stay... he's old... at least 29
So?
Go get him...
My mind got back to arguing with itself. I put my forehead on the table and think. What should I do?
The boy is in love...
If he really was he'd come back to us...
Maybe...
he's delusional...
I don't think so...
We kissed him...
"Not we.... I did..." I whisper, basically talking to myself. Now I knew I, me! Just me! I had to get him.... or go with him. I look around and see a intercom telephone, I grab it ans put in the code to page around the lab.
"M...Miles...?!"