Part Seven: Discovery + Night Four

Night Four: You help me, and I’ll help you.

“But they didn’t state who the victim was in the papers!” he cried in frustration.

Tosses the file that he was currently holding onto the table once more, he leaned back into his chair as he stared up at the ceiling. The victim’s name was redacted from the paper by somebody but he wasn’t sure who. Could it be his boss? No, no, it couldn’t have been.

He learnt a lot from all the articles, reports, documents, everything that he had gotten from the night before and he was much more disturbed about what happened than he ever was. Tonight, he had decided to investigate the room that the animatronics were showing him but they would be out there, waiting to kill him. Now, he wasn’t sure whether he wanted to even complete this case of investigation since he’d be risking his life doing such a thing.

But what he heard from them that night, it just increased his need to go back. The fact that they had asked for his help just made him want to help them now, knowing that they had something to do with the deaths of the four kids that had been murdered.

Then he realised. It wasn’t a want.

It was a need. 

-----

Walking into the building, he saw the lights were still on and that there was one worker still cleaning up the place. As he walked towards the direction of the hallway, the worked looked up and a shocked look came upon his face.

“Hey! What the hell are you doing here?” the worker yelled.

“I work here?” Mike replied, clearly a little annoyed from the fact that the worker was rude.

“You’re not supposed to be here tonight, I am taking your shift,” the worker argued as he put away his cleaning supplies.

For some reason, it just made Mike want to laugh.

“Look kid,” Mike spoke in mid chuckle, “you obviously don’t know what happens here in this restaurant at night, so just go on home.”

“N-no,” the worker stuttered.

“I’m just trying to save you the trouble of working the night shift so can you just please go home already?” Mike insisted, more annoyed than before.

“What’s with all the noise out here?” Mike’s boss came from the hallway suddenly. A surprised look came upon his face when he saw Mike standing there at one of the many tables the restaurant has. “Mike? What the hell are you doing here?”

“I came here to do my job as the night guard here,” he proudly spoke.

“No, you go right back home and get some rest just like the doctor said,” his boss ordered. “We can risk you gaining anymore injuries while you work here. This restaurant is already in deep shit due to many complaint from past employees.”

“You know I won’t be leaving anytime soon right?” Mike spoke in a relaxed manner. “So why don’t you send this lil’ kid home and let me do what I was meant to do.”

The argument went on for almost 15 minutes, both parties standing their ground not faltering once as the helpless employee stood in fear.

“Fine, you bloody win,” his boss finally gave in.

“Thank you,” Mike accepted it with a mere smirk.

“Go home, Tom,” his boss spoke as he waved the employee off.

“But-,” the employee tried to speak but was cut off by a threatening tone from his boss.

“I said go home.”