Chapter 16: The Dark Edge of the Line

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or One Piece. Another year about to end, another year of being a talentless nobody about to begin. I seriously need to get some higher profile fights this summer once classes end so I can get sponsored or get my name out there or I'm going to start white-collar crimes... but we all know I'm not smart enough for that. I'm writing this shit for free aren't I?

Chapter 16: The Dark Edge of the Line

Naruto looked out at sea from the helm as Nojiko leaned on a nearby railing to ensure he was taking them the right way. Johnny was running about the deck with a full bucket so that Yosaku could clean the surface. Soren as usual was up in the crow's nest. Miss Valentine was experimenting with her powers, but in moderation since the first time she abruptly changed herself to full weight she almost sank the ship.

All of this atmosphere changed when Vivi marched out onto the deck and looked up to the helm where Naruto was with a determined look on her face, "Naruto I want you to train me."

"No you don't." Was the unanimous response from everyone on the ship.

Vivi blinked at hearing everyone doubt her, in stereo to boot, "What? Why wouldn't I? I know what I want, and I want to be strong enough to be useful and not a burden to anyone. I don't want to have to enlist strong people to solve my problems like with Crocodile. I want to be able to do it myself."

Nojiko nodded, "I completely understand that. That being said we'll reiterate; you really don't want Naruto-kun to train you. Seriously. It's a bad idea. Just forget about it altogether." She waved Vivi off before returning her attention to trying to assist Naruto in navigating, "We need to make port soon."

Vivi puffed her cheeks out at being brushed off like that, "I'm serious you guys! You're all way stronger than me and I want to be able to fight without you guys having to watch out for me."

Miss Valentine floated across Vivi's back with a laugh, "We understand that honey, but having Naruto train you would be the equivalent of having a lion raise a kitten; it seems like an interesting and somewhat appropriate thing to do, but eventually that little kitten is going to get hurt, badly."

Vivi placed her hands on her hips and shook the feather-light blonde woman off of her, "So you don't think I'm tough enough to take it, is that it?"

Johnny carried a bucket past Vivi on his way inside, "It's not a matter of being tough Vivi."

Naruto chuckled, "Listen to them Vivi. They've all either seen it or experienced it firsthand. And you are going to get hurt Vivi, it's not even a matter of being skilled or tough. It's just how bad am I going to hurt you that's the real question."

Vivi looked at Yosaku furiously scrubbing the deck and at Nojiko who was lazily looking at the Log Pose on her wrist, "They don't look too beat up to me."

Naruto smirked, "That's because Johnny and Yosaku have super-freaky healing skills and I don't do anything to Nojiko that leaves marks. Noji-chan!" Naruto yelled out to the blue-haired girl, "What new exercise do I have you doing along with the other stuff now?"

Nojiko looked up at him with a perturbed look on her face, "You're making me shoot down those stupid shuriken of yours right out of the air coming at me full speed."

Naruto wagged his finger at her, "Don't give me that look. You're just lucky I don't have enough stockpiled to do the surprise version of that training. Man I need to find someone that sells or makes shuriken and other tools like that. I can't keep on rationing them."