Chapter 12: Whatever Doesn't Kill You

I do not own Naruto or One Piece. I own nothing. As a matter of fact I don't own nothing, how can you own nothing? Nothing is an abstract concept, it cannot be owned, so in essence I don't even own nothing, and that my friends is a damn shame. What was I talking about again?

Oh, I don't own them, enjoy the chapter.

Chapter 12: Whatever Doesn't Kill You...

Smoker stared at the Straw Hat crew after being pulled out of the destroyed resort Rain Dinners, which Crocodile had sunken to the bottom of the lake it was situated on to finish them all off. He let out a sigh and waved them off, "Go." He said, allowing them to leave without a fight, "The next time we meet however you're a dead man. Remember that Straw Hat Luffy."

The sound of the Marines combing through the town got ever closer when Luffy gave Smoker a grin, "You know, I don't hate your guts after all Smokey."

Smoker pulled out his jutte and took a swing at him to get him to flee, "Get the hell out of here!"

Smoker watched as the crew took off, leaving him behind as the group of Marines came to him, "Sir, aren't you going to go after them?"

Smoker shut his eyes and leaned against a building, "No, I'm tired." He ignored the looks of surprise from his men, "Call back the men who went off to chase them, they won't catch them. Get them back here and call headquarters. Tell them to send all Marine ships in the vicinity to Alabasta."

The Marine who had been speaking to him stared in shock, "Call for reinforcements? But I don't think the superior officers will let them go to fight such a small number of pirates."

Smoker glared darkly at the man, "Since when have I listened to my superior officers' opinions? Now go!" He finished, scaring the man off to accomplish his task. As he stood alone in the street he looked around before walking off on his own in thought.

XxX

Naruto appeared back on the rooftop next to Soren and Nojiko, "Me and Crocodile had a nice little chat. I do have to say that he's way taller than I expected him to be though, most masterminds like this are short little pieces of nothing."

Nojiko blinked at him, "So what happened? Did you beat him up already?"

Naruto shook his head, "I told you, I'm not fighting Crocodile, Luffy is. All I did was just point him in their general direction. That should get some fireworks started."

Nojiko frowned while Soren glowered in the background, muttering about blonde bastards, "Naruto-kun I really don't like this idea, what if they get hurt?"

"Oh they're all going to get hurt, that's for certain." Naruto shrugged carelessly, "It's a good experience for them. Now we need to get to Alubarna to make sure that this country doesn't go under in the case that they can't beat Crocodile and his goon squad."

"How in the hell are we supposed to pull that off Uzumaki?" Soren said, "It took you and I a day to get here on foot by ourselves from the ships, how are they going to keep up with us?"

Naruto grinned, "You just let me worry about that. Now go get Miss Valentine and I'll go get Johnny and Yosaku and stop them from kicking the Marines' and the Billions' asses." Naruto grabbed onto Nojiko and took off along the rooftops while Soren went off his own way to search for Miss Valentine.

XxX

It didn't take long for Naruto and Soren to corral their targets since Naruto was already aware of their positions due to the Kage Bunshin he had spread out around Rainbase dispelling periodically around the people of interest to keep him posted on the situation. Naruto stood just outside of town with Nojiko, Johnny, and Yosaku in tow when Soren and Miss Valentine sauntered up.