Chapter 1 : Pity Party

Luna Cealum,
age: twenty one, 
Species: superhuman.
Hair: Black
eyes: white
Height: 5'3
Special abilities: winged appendages ( Black ). Moderately high healing factor. High pitched call. Prolonged exhaustion. Can harness Negative energy from surroundings. Others unknown

She never agreed to this, a party in New York's biggest hot spot. Stark Tower. She knew she had no say in the matter. For the past three months, her sister, Solstice, worked for the Avengers as a valuable member of the team. Luna, of course, was stuck working in Stark tower during all missions which, in her opinion, was a complete and utter waste of her talents. The only reason she was even allowed to be involved was because Solstice used her powers protecting the public during an alien invasion and got discovered by SHIELD agents. Solstice underwent, completed, and was enrolled into the Avengers program within only a month. Her only request was to have Luna included and given a part to play. Even though she failed her test. To put it simply, the younger woman was benched.

Since childhood, Luna tried several times to maintain some sort of control over her powers but results all ended in failures and too many social setbacks.

Even now, working for SHIELD, the most successful agency in the world it wasn't enough. Accepting she would never become an Avenger took a heavy toll on her psyche. Despite this she found a way to keep herself at some level of self control. She trained herself to appear completely normal. Ignoring all the odd stares and glances she got while wandering the halls of SHIELD. Isolating herself and working long hours into the night even after clocking out.

Taking deep breaths she finished her shower. Drying off she entered her bedroom and began raiding the closet for something formal to wear. Not being used to social gatherings, she did some research earlier that day and purchased a dress. Slipping it over her head she smoothed out any wrinkles or creases that may be present and pulled the thin sleeves over her wrists.  The dark fabric itself was short, molding to her frail looking frame, and stopping mid thigh.

Her wings, the most annoying part of her body. She had to make holes on the back of her dress. For all her clothes. Luckily throughout the years she has become a gifted seamstress.

Grabbing a nearby hair straightener and hairbrush from her dresser, she carefully brushed out any knots and straightened her long messy hair. The process was tedious, due to the fact that it trailed down to the middle of her back. Taking great time and care to get the hair perfectly straight. Because of the lack of sunlight her skin cast a sickening pale glow. Making the hair look black as night.

Finally finished, she rummaged through her makeup bag. Picking out some eyeliner she inches her face closer to the mirror and starts sliding it back and forth under her eyes across her tearline.

Her eyes were the first thing people noticed when they saw her face, despite her mutant gene being activated during puberty, she was born with eyes almost bleach white. When she was born, her parents first thought that she was blind until a doctor did tests and said she could see fine.

Taking some eyeshadow, she gave herself a dramatic smoky eye effect before finishing it off with some lipstick. Going over to the dresser she grabbed her favorite piece of jewelry, a sterling silver crescent moon necklace and silver studded earrings.Taking a final glance at her reflection, she had a look of disdain. It was like looking at a monster.

There was a knock on the door. "Luna," Solstice’s voice sang. "Are you ready to go?".

With a quiet sigh, she grabbed some stockings and carefully slipped them on and scrambled around the room in search of some black high heels. Reaching for her smartphone and mp3 player sitting on the nightstand she stuffed them in her bag. Since nobody was probably going to talk to her and would be in the corner or sitting alone somewhere, to keep her entertained she stashed a pen and clipboard case to draw into her handbag. lastly she grabbed her wallet.