prom dress

I sat down on my bed, staring at the blue rainy sky outside my window while thinking if I still should waste my time getting ready for prom.

P - Pure
R - Respite
O - Optical
M - Masterwork

This is what prom "apparently means" and somehow I used to believe it when I was 5.

God please help me if I was that gullible. I mean I was a child so it's explainable.

I rolled my eyes and drank from my mug filled with coffee.

"Y/n! Are you getting ready?" I heard mom ask loudly while Redbone is playing faintly in the background.

"Yeah, totally! Let me just get a million pairs of shoes because I don't know what to choose today so relax and take your pills mom!" My sarcasm jumped out. Usually I don't give a fck about it because it's just me being myself.

But when I realized what I just said, I immediately apologized but in a shouting kind of way.

I got up from my bed and opened my closet door. "Wtf will you pick now today Y/n?" I groaned to myself.

There are white flowy dresses, yellow ones that has flowers on it, a pink nightgown oh i shouldn't wear that, and a black dress with laces on it and stitched on flower patches on the shoulder parts.

I stared at them for a little while which maybe seemed like forever.

I may or may not played inny meeny minny mo on the dresses and it may or may not landed on the black dress.

Who am I kidding it did land on the black dress. Well, time to change for a one time in a year event.

An hour has passed and I got out of the shower and did my makeup which is, very natural actually. Just mascara, blush and lip gloss and I'm ready to go.

I put the dress on and made sure everything is alright and that I'm ready to leave for prom.

I went downstairs to leave and I found my mom waiting outside, leaning on the car.

"You look wonderful, dear" she complimented me while she pulled a cigarette out of a marlboro pack.

"Mom when are you gonna quit?" "When I feel like it"

I rolled my eyes and opened the car door "Can we please go now? "
"Okay, whatever" my mom groaned lightly and went to the drivers seat and turned on the engine.

We arrived there at about 6 pm.
When I entered the gym there were people with their lovers, their friends, their partners and ever their dogs.

There were boys who dressed up pleasantly for their dates and girls who show their skin that their bones are exposing.

Of course the lonely person I am, I didn't have a date. I was thinking of bringing a hundred books to make me preoccupied.

Though I had set my eyes on something, someone.

It's Finn. He's sitting there alone. I'm not sure if I should approach him or not. I mean he's dating the hottest girl in school so why should I bother?

But he looks like he wants to leave her. Like to be single and free and not to be just the most popular girl's boyfriend.

I've always felt bad for him, and no this isn't just because of his looks which is absolutely stunning and his curls and his freckles with his beautiful smile anyway back to the point Y/n! He's just quiet. I never see him with friends which breaks my heart and oh god there goes the girlfriend.

Swaying alone, trying to catch all the guys' attention which makes me so mad and makes me scream into my pillow every night because Finn deserves more.

I don't get what she doesn't see in him. I mean, he's absolutely perfect. He's supportive of people, good at guitar heck, even good at singing, skateboarding and kind. He's perfect.

As I made my way to him, his girl decided it would be the perfect time to block me. I was mad but not mad enough to rip her hair out.

I stood there, in the dark while the couple were slow dancing with Can't Help Falling in Love playing in the back.

Tears began to flow as I saw his eyes just wandering around her body with his hands which has a mind of his own that can't even decide where to rest them because there are many curves and perfections on the model, he doesn't even know or realize what he's doing to the girl he dislikes, or disliked.

I knew that he would NEVER go out with a stupid girl like me. Simply perfectly imperfect.

I ran outside to the parking lot and I saw other students dressed in beautiful gowns with a hundred pounds of makeup and the guys, who sat back in their car, making out with girls that they don't even know.

All the ladies dressed up for nothing because they just wanted to have a good time and to wrap their arms around their lover's neck while they connect their lips together but instead they cry a river and bring cigarettes and alcohol to go get high and drunk because what caused this is, all from a stupid guy.

I leaned on a wall, while my fingers were having a search party in my purse, digging for an emergency cigarette.

Eventually, I got it and lit it up with my lighter that had butterfly stickers on it from when I was 10.

I inhaled the smoke and closed my eyes, sighing.

When I opened my eyes i saw Finn, lighting a cigarette aswell and also, leaning into the same wall as I'm leaning on too.

He mumbled a "sh-" and acted like I couldn't hear. His lighter wasn't working.

He looked around for other people to borrow a lighter from and he stared at me with his beautiful brown eyes.

"Hey, can I borrow your lighter for just a sec?" he asked, showing his unused cigarette.

My heart is pounding. I try to get my lighter from my purse without dropping my cigarette onto the concrete floor.

"Here" I handed him the lighter, a little embarrassed about the stickers on it.

He giggled as he saw them. He lit it up and we both sat down on the floor.

I was blushing so hard I must've looked like a tomato.

"So, Y/n, right?"
       "...yeah"
          "Well, thank you for sharing your lighter with me"

He smiled. That damn smile, it gets me everytime. Of course I blushed more, I mean I'm Y/n I blush all the time.

"I notice you've uh, brought alcohol. Will you share it since I let you use my lighter?" I asked shyly.

"Sure thing" he shrugged and got the alcohol from his other side and handed it to me.

I drank from the bottle and cringed at the taste. It made me tear up a bit but it's kind of addictive.

An hour has passed and we talked about our life, future and basically everything. Turns out we have alot in common. I don't know if this is a dream or not, usually I have sleep paralysis so I think I deserve a break from all that sht.

All of those minutes that passed, we really got drunk. We got so drunk we don't even know why our hands intertwine sometimes or it's just me.

I grabbed the bottle from his mouth and checked if it's empty. It is empty, emptier than my brain.

"Aw, you drank all of it"
   "don't worry ill buy you more"
        "really?"
              "yes really"

And suddenly, we lean on each others foreheads and Finn's eyes slowly closing.

Of course I'm drunk and I don't know wtf kind of decisions I could make tonight.

I closed my eyes and just didn't care about anything in the world and focused on Finn.

Not on his looks, not on his eyes not on his lips but him. Just him.

I connected my lips to his and it felt so right. I felt the fireworks and everything what people says about their first kisses.

It felt just like heaven.