ice cream

"Hey Y/n! Where were you? I kept calling your wallphone" Beverly asked with worry.

"Wallphone?" I chuckled lightly and put my arm over and on Beverly's arm.

"Answer my question" She lightly exclaimed. "Okay, Okay. I was late because I didn't wake up early, okay?" I put my hands up.

"Mhm?" She raised her eyebrow. "What? It's everyone reason to why they're late" I scoffed.

She giggled while entering an ice cream shop. "I want you to meet a group of boys I ran into the other day"

"Group of boys? Ew" I furrowed my eyebrows and said it with disgust.

"I know, I know but y'know. They're dorks and that's what I love about them" She smiled.

"Hey what flavor you getting?" I asked while looking at the buckets of ice cream. "Eh, I'll get rocky road" she shrugged.

"Okay, I'll just get vanilla with sprinkles" I answered while my stomach growled.

As the lady got our ice cream ready, I noticed I left my wallet.
"Uh, Bev?" I asked awkwardly
"Yeah?" she answered while handing over $20.

"I left my walle-" I was interrupted by her from noticing she payed for both ice creams.

"it's alright. You don't have to pay me" she smiled while we exited the shop.

When we exited the shop, we ran into a group of boys. I'm thinking if they were the ones Bev talked about.

"Oh h-hey Bev" the boy with a plaid shirt said with a blush. I noticed she blushed aswell but I stayed silent.

"Well, this is my best friend, Y/n" she put her hands around me and made firework sounds. "Oh my gosh, Bev" I mumbled.

"What?" she chuckled, I rolled my eyes playfully. "Hey why don't we hang out at the quarry today?" I shrugged while licking my ice cream.

"I think my wang just signalled something" I heard a boy with glasses whisper to boy, who had two fannypacks. "Ew what the hell, Richie" I heard the shorter boy whisper back.

"W-well my name's b-billy" he put his hand to his chest. "I th-think we'd like to h-ang out a-at the qu-arry today" he turned to face the boys and nodded at them.

"In-trod-uce yourselves" he raised his eyebrows at them. "Hi my name's Richie" he stepped forward but almost tripped.

"My name's Eddie and I would like to ask you if you have any allergic reactions or any sickness please just sign in this small notebook so I would be aware-" he got cut off by a taller guy.

"Shut up, Eddie. Anyway hi my name's Stanley and I already know you hate these group of annoying people" he looked at Eddie in disgust but smiled when he looked at me.

"Oh, my name's Mike. I really don't have anything to say except your ice cream is melting" he looked at my ice cream cone, he looked like he was dying inside from me not saving the melted ice cream.

"Ah, shit" I licked my cone and asked Bev if she had tissues. "Also my names Y/n by the way". I groaned "Ugh, I'll be back" I went back to the ice cream shop to get tissues.

As I headed back to the group they were leaning all the walls and on their bikes, waiting. "Hey, Y/n. So are we gonna hang in the quarry?" Bev asked me while giggling.

"Oh yeah sure" I answered happily. "Oh great! I'll go tell them" she went to the group started talking with them. I noticed Richie was just staring at me.

"Hey Richie, it's rude to stare y'know" I smirked. He just looked down and smiled. I saw Billy asking Bev to ride in his bike for the trip to the quarry. Seeing them together makes my heart warm.

"Hey Y/n? Wanna ride in my bike?" he sheepishly smiled, asking. "Sure" I answered while getting on.

In the middle of the biking session, Richie started a conversation, asking Eddie something.

"Hey Eddie! I think Eds would be a good nickname" he shouted behind Eddie.

"Eddie is already short for Edward you dumbass" he exclaimed, almost putting up a whole lecture about it.

"Eddie you can shut up now" Mike groaned and rolled his eyes at him.

"Hey Y/n, whenever you lick your ice cream I think it's really hot so for now I'm gonna buy loads of ice cream. Should I buy popsicle? omf yes I should" I smacked his shoulder and rolled my eyes.

"Don't go waste your money this summer, Tozier" I smirked. "How do you know my name?" asked confusingly

"Beverly told me" I answered back. "Woah, Bev talking about me? That's rare" he gasped.

"Not only you, idiot" I laughed. "Well I'm sure you were thinking about how hot I am when she was telling you all about me" he closed his eyes and started doing kissy faces.

"Watch where you're going, dingus!" I exclaimed and widen my eyes.

Well, this will be an interesting summer.