⠀⠀ v. origami and emily.

GLOWING EYES,chapter five

GLOWING EYES,
chapter five.

⠀⠀⠀ THE BEST THING ABOUT SUMMER WAS HAVING FULL CONTROL.⠀⠀⠀Rue decided when she got out of bed, what she did that day, who she talked to; every single aspect of her life in summer could be controlled. The choices she made on that sunny morning: she would stay at home all day, in her PJs, and do whatever she wanted. That was her choice. Another thing on her agenda was Bill Denbrough and the fact that he was going to visit.

Swinging her legs from her sky-blue comforter, her bare feet planted on the warm carpet of her floor, and she pressed delicate fingertips into her knees two times each side before standing, padding over to her window, and throwing the curtains open. As per her morning routine, she checked over her room to see the rainbows scattered around; the precarious organisation of colouring pencils and Polaroids and scrunchies and nail polish.

Remembering the pretty pink colour Misty painted her nails the night prior, she scooped a matching blush-coloured scrunchie into her hand before joyfully tying her hair up with it. Then she knocked four times on the wood of her door and skipped all the way to the living room.

Misty was already awake, her wheelchair sat in its usual spot by her sister's armchair as she watched the tv aimlessly. With a blanket wrapped around her lower half, she turned her head to greet her sister as she happily dropped into her seat.

But, without warning, her face morphed into something inhuman, with rows of sharp teeth like daggers and glowing eyes that seemed to echo every bad dream she ever had. It was Misty's face, but with nightmarish additions. And when it spoke, its voice seemed to come from every direction at once. Smothering her. Drowning her.

"I know what you've done." She leered. "You'll float for what you've done."

No sound could escape her, nor could she move, so she watched on in horror as her sister - no, that was not her sister. That thing drew closer. With its teeth like daggers and eyes like nightmares. Wide-eyed and paralysed with fear, she wished that she would just wake up.

And she did.

Feeling the mattress under her fingertips and the blanket cocooning her entire body and the weight that dipped at the end of her bed as someone sat down; someone that couldn't have been Misty because Misty can't get into her room and Misty can't walk and-