Three Years Ago

Heey~! I am, like, crying because I was writing a Canada one shot but forgot to save it and it was 2 pages long.... *goes to corner and starts to cry again* two hours of my life! WASTEDDD!!! Hope you like the NEW SAVED story I'm making now..... ( TT^TT )

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

"What's your name?"

"I'm Canada. I told you that three times today."

"I know I just wanted to know~"

I skipped through the tree path with Matthew as we looked at the maple tree's leaves changing color. We made it a tradition to look at the wonderful shades of orange, red, and yellow on every tree. Sometimes we'd save some of the bright red ones for my scrap book that I worked on. This would be the third time we did this. We actually first started to do this when we met three years ago when Matthew watched me paint out one of the red leaved trees in this path. For some reason, this year seemed different from the last ones. More like I'm at peace or something. I stop skipping and turn around to face my Canadian friend. He stops walking as well and looks at me.

"What is it _____?"

"Do you think that this fall seems more peaceful?"

"Now that you mention it, it does seem more peaceful. Why do you ask?"

"Oh no reason~"

I smile and start to skip again. Matthew shakes his head and walks beside me, looking at my smile as we went along. Suddenly I stop skipping and pick up a perfect red maple leaf. I turn around and face my friend, waving the leaf in front of his face happily.

"Look Matthew, I found a perfect on for our scrap book~!"

"It is a perfect leaf, I'm surprised."

"I know, this must be a good day!"

"Yes, it must be."

I look around and spot a really red maple tree and smile.

"Come on Matthew, let's sit over by that tree over there!"

"Alright."

I grab his hand and drag him all the way to the red maple tree. We stop right at the foot of the tree and sit down. My gaze moves to the tree's bright red leaves, breathing in the fresh air.

"You know what Matthew."

"What is it ____?"

I move my gaze back to my friend and smile widely.

"This is the tree that I was painting the day that we first met."

He look up at the tree and smiled. Moving his gaze back to me he took my hands and helped me to my feet. Again he looked up at the tree then down to me.

"_____. I've been wanting to tell you something ever since the day we met three years ago."

Matthew's cheeks start to get red, squeezing my hands. A breeze blew some of the maple leaves from the tree. Some of them falling to the ground while others floated in the air gracefully, making the background very loving and beautiful.

"I love you ____."

My heart skips a beat as I hear his words whispered to me, like the sound of the sea in a shell.

"Whenever I see you smile, I find myself wanting to protect you so that nothing will ever cause that smile to fade away. Hearing your laugh makes my days all the more worth looking forward to, and looking into your eyes is like looking at the stars. Sometimes you can't see them, but their beauty will always be there."

I smile as my blush turns to the colors of the leaves surrounding us. Tilting my head to the side a bit I continue to smile.

"I love you too Matthew."

There was a second of peace until Matthew brought me into a loving kiss that caused my heart to race. I kissed him back and hugged his neck, him pulling me closer by my waist. Minutes later, Matthew slowly breaks the kiss and we look at each other with loving smiles on our faces. He puts one of his hands in mine and we look at each other. The two of us walk down the tree path once again, the perfect maple leaf symbolizing our love

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

I totally like this one better than the one I didn't save X3 I'm so glad~ Hope that you liked it too <3

Vote

Fan

Comment~!!