Reflexes

"La la la la la~!" I skipped my way to the exit of the mall and saw people going out the door. What I thought was strange was that the door was being held open by a man with dirty blonde hair and no one thanked him. Actually the man was holding the door for quite some time. I've seen him there two hours ago and now I look and he's still there. "I wonder if he actually stood there for two hours," I asked myself as I finally reached the door. I bow my head at him and smile, "thank you so much!" His eyes widen and a blush dusts his cheeks. I walked past him and headed for the crosswalk. Before I could get there, I felt someone grab my arm. Out of reflex, I spin around with my arm extended and smack the person in the face with my arm. I could have sworn I heard a small crack too but who really knows.

Looking down to see who I hit, I realize that it was the kind man who was holding the door. "I am so, so, so, sorry sir! It was a reflex," a cloud of gilt consuming me. Kneeling down next to him, I help him sit up. He held his nose and whimpered a bit, making me feel even worse. "Are you ok?" asking in a bit of a panicy voice. The man slowly removes his hand from his face revealing blood dripping down his nose. "I'm fine," an embarrassed smirk on his face. I gasp, "oh my gosh! You're nose is bleeding!" He was about to touch his nose to see if I spoke the truth but I grabbed it and held it down. "Here, let me help," my hand dug around in my purse to pull out a pack of tissue. Taking one out of the package, I put it to his nose and start to wipe. The mans cheeks turned to a bright red as he became cross eyed looking at my hand.

It was bleeding quite a bit so I ended up using my whole packet of tissues. "There we go," my hand picking up all the bloody tissues and putting them in a nearby garbage can, "all done." The man stood up and fiddled with his hands before speaking, "th-th-thank you ma'am." Putting hand sanitizer on my hands, I giggle awkwardly, "it was my fault in the first place. I'm just glad you're all right." The man then went up to my and shook my hand, "i-it's nice to meet you. I'm Matthew Williams. Sorry I waisted your time." Shaking his hand firmly I smile, "it's alright. I'm _________ by the way." Matthew releases the hand shake, his blush from earlier disappearing. "So, I've been meaning to ask you," I began without finishing. Matthew gave me a confused look before asking in a sweet voice, "what it is?" Continuing I point to the door several feet away from us, "did you actually stand there holding the door open for two hours?" Matthew nodded, "yes I have, I just felt bad if I accidentally closed the door on someone's face." I tilted my head, "but no one even noticed you were there." His head lowered, as if I said something to offend him," yeah, I know. Nobody ever notices me." Suddenly his head looked back up at me, a dark blush on his cheeks and a smile on his face. "But that changed as soon as you acknowledged me," for some reason I found myself blushing as well at his words. He continues, "I really am glad that you noticed me. Thank you _____." Smiling I giggle, "no problem."

Matthew scratched the back of his neck as his blush color became darker, "u-um... D-do you want me to w-walk you home?" At first I was shocked at his question, then I was oddly flattered that someone actually wanted to walk with me. "I'd like that a lot," I answer as I continue to the crosswalk. Matthew walks next to me as we cross the streets and several stores. We talked about each other as we continued our walk. When he mentioned that his polar bear doesn't even remember him, I couldn't help but giggle. "You have such a pretty laugh _____," Matthew states calmly. Looking away from him, a blush raging on my face, I mumble, "t-thank you." Looking back up I realize that I was at my house. We both walk to the front door before we depart.

"Well, thank you for escorting me back home Matthew," a smile touching my rosy cheeks. Matthew grins and looks me up and down before speaking. "__-______," he began. "Hm?" I ask as I look into his sparkling eyes. He glances at me then to the ground, "c-can I ask you something?" Nodding in approval of his request I wait for him to speak. "W-well, can I kiss you?" both of our cheeks were tomato red at the realization of his words. Matthew stood up straight and waved his hands in front of him in misunderstanding, "I-I'm sorry! I-I don't know what I was saying." Looking down at the ground again he sighs, "we just met so of course I can't kiss you. Just pretend I didn't say-" He was cut off as my lips pressed gently against his soft ones. I closed my eyes as he instantly kissed back. I felt his tongue lick my bottom lip, asking for entrance, but I denied it's pass. Releasing the kiss I put a finger to his lips. "You only said a kiss, not a French kiss," Matthew blushed at his failed attempt to stick his tongue in my mouth. Hugging his neck I whisper in his ear, "maybe next time." At that I give him one last peck on the lips and walk into my house. Matthew stood there for a while, a grin on his face, before leaving singing happily.

[][][][][][][][][]

So sorry I haven't updated in a while! I will not make any excuses, this time I was just too lazy. Having this winter break makes me want to sleep all the time so that's what I've kinda been doing :P

Hope you liked it! Thanks so much for reading!