Chapter 1.

My eyes focus on Leroy, who lowers his crossbow in shock as he whips his blond hair out of his eyes. That man had been way faster than we expected. Maybe they should've scouted the house regularly a few days before they actually came here.

"You are talking to a veteran, boy." The man says with too much pride, according to my standards. Leroy frowns, I don't know what he is feeling, but I could somehow relate.

A minute passes without any movement, Leroy too scared to do anything. The man too scared to act, and I, well I'm in an impossible situation to do anything. Then, just when I am plotting to do something, the man pushes me in my knees. Not really pushing me, more like him kicking me in the back of the knee. It felt as if my legs disappeared under me, my knees painfully hit the ground. My immediate response was to groan in pain and curse under my breath.

I wanted to stand up, but a strong hand held me down. Fuck, Leroy better do something or we were fucked. My face relaxed as I looked at Leroy, who was dumbfoundedly staring at the man. I curse in myself and it takes me a while to come up with a plan.

An idea pops into my head, and I'm honestly proud of it. This wave of enthusiasm is followed by two whistles, as close and fast together as possible.

Leroy immediately understands the hint, this is to my own surprise, because we haven't used that technique in a long while. Whereas, it takes the man a couple of seconds to understand what I was doing. Even though Leroy is quite the daydreamer at home, he has amazing reflexes on the field. One of the many reason why I like him so much.

I feel myself trailing off and snap back on focus.

Apparently, Leroy did half the plan on his side, which was basically just running away, as fast as possible. This confused the man, and in his confusion, he loosens his grip on my shoulder. I only have a split second to think, so the decision to stand up was made quickly. My leg muscles flex as I stand up as fast as possible.

I turn to face the man, who is now staring at me confusedly. "Always have a plan B." I say right before smirking and punching the guy on his nose as hard as I physically can. The man yells in pain and I think he actually started crying.

My eyes fall upon the booze besides the doorpost. I snatch both bottles off the floor and start running after Leroy.

After approximately 200m I can feel a sharp pain in my chest. "Oh fuck, oh fucking shit, jesus Christ." I laugh out loud.

I can't help but laugh. What just happened was hilarious to me, even though it probably shouldn't be, considering I could've been killed a few second ago.

I slowed my pace and looked around for Leroy. I am still smirking, because I can somehow not control my happiness over a basically failed mission.

Then I spot Leroy, crossbow up high, ready to shoot anything and anyone. He's hidden in a dumpster. Just where he belongs, right with all his friends. I feel my mouth curling in a smile again. Fuck, this is a mission, I shouldn't think about these things. Still I can't contain myself and stop in my pace.

I start laughing before I can even tell Leroy the joke. I lock eyes with him, and he gestures me to come. "Just where you belong." I snort and burst out laughing. Leroy's face turns into one of a disappointed man. Which gives me only more pleasure. But then finally a smirk appears on Leroy's face.

"Alright real funny Adem, now get over here before he kills you." Leroy points at me, or right beside me. A nagging feeling told me to turn around, and when I did, I saw the man, angrier than ever. Running towards me with full speed. I panic for a moment, but decide it doesn't matter what I do. Might as well make it funny.