3 ~ Blooming Bond ~

Start from the beginning

Khushi thought to deny at first but then asked the unavoidable which was nagging her from the beginning. "Why?"

" Why what?" Arnav seems confused.

" Why are you marrying me? I mean I can guess there is something hidden, something very big.. You need something and marriage is a must to achieve that. But why you choose me? If you want you can get anyone, anyone of your standard. Then why me? I AM A no one." Khushi asked looking straight in those brown eyes.

" That is why I am marrying you, because you are a NO BODY..." Arnav's brutal answer hit a direct arrow to her fragile heart.

" I am no body to him...just no body." It pained her to think like that but, Khushi knew it's true.

" I think you are getting me wrong , Miss Basu. I did not mean No body , in that sense. What I meant is, You are not a famous well known face." His answer suddenly sooths Khushi's aching heart. She looked at his face expectantly to hear something more. And Arnav too did not disappointed her.

" Actually Khushi, I don't believe in marriage, not anymore at least.. but to adopt Advay legally I want a mother figure, in short I will get his custody only if I get married and thus I can protect his inheritance legally too. Otherwise, that witch and the bastard will take away everything. They will snatch away my Advay's right. And I can not allow that to happen." Arnav took a deep breath and then continue, "coming to your next question, why I selected you as my bride... when I can get anyone? It's true, I can get anyone I wish but they will agree just because of my money or fame. But you never treat me as a billionaire , instead you are hell bend to compare me with your pet cat.." Arnav chuckle and Khushi's face flushed a little.

" To be very honest, I felt that my Advay will be secured with you, that's the main reason for selecting you as my bride. Any more question?" Arnav asked while Khushi nodded her head a yes.

" What now?" Arnav frown a little.

" I don't want you or the family spend so much on me. I mean, it's just for 6 month, it's a contract after all. Please, Don't waste your money unnecessarily on me.. I am not worth it." Khushi whispered the last line but Arnav heard it clear and loud.

Taking two long strides he came in front of Khushi towering her small frame.

" Look at me, Miss Basu." Arnav commanded but Khushi averted her eyes.

" I don't like repeating myself Miss Basu, look at me, " this time Arnav's voice was stern but Khushi prefer to look at the floor.

Slowly Arnav placed a finger under Khushi's chin and forced her to Look at him. They both looked at each other for a while but Arnav spoke slowly, " You are going to be Mrs Khushi Arnav Ray, don't ever forget that. It's true that there is a contract but the marriage is going to be real, at least for 6 months.. For that time period you will be my legally wedded wife and I think I have the right to pamper my beloved wife. And Don't ever think that you are not worthy, I am a businessman Khushi and I can assess people better than you.. and I know no one is worthy enough other than you, to be my wife."

Arnav's voice became husky and came as a slow whisper. His breath was fanning on Khushi's face. Khushi was all alone in a daze...looking at the beautiful man in front of her. who is he actually, a devil or a prince charming?

Her chain of thought was broken by Arnav's chuckle. Khushi looked confused but Arnav gesture something, precisely at her nose. Khushi placed her fingers on her nose but looked confused. Arnav comes one steps closer even if it possible, Khushi's breath got stuck in her throat in that close proximity.

Arnav slowly whisper in her ears, " lal ho gaya" ( it becomes red).

" what?" Khushi was in the web of beautiful torment.

"Tumhari naak" ( your nose) Arnav chuckled a little making Khushi crimson all of a sudden.

" Come, everybody is waiting for us." Arnav was about to turn but halted in his steps hearing a soft, " Suniye.."

" Now what?" he asked looking at the flushed face of Khushi, her cheeks turn pink. So, Miss Basu is blushing, not bad.. suddenly Arnav felt a urge to take this blushing beauty in his arms and drink her beauty to his heart content.. But he shook his head a little, he can not do that.. He had promised...

" You were asking something." Arnav asked again.

" Ohh... kis naam se pukaru apko?" ( in which name I would call you?") Khushi slowly looked up through her lashes and Arnav felt his heart skip a beat.

" My family call me Chotey, for my business associates and the professionals I am AR...besides, I also have some nick name, handsome hunk, womanizer, devil etc.. etc...You can choose anyone from it. I will not mind.." Arnav replied with a stern face but his eyes sparkle with mischief.

" Ji..." Khushi mumble a little..

" oh... No...I don't like this name you know, it's very old fashion." Arnav hides his smile.

" Ji.. I was...ji.." Khushi suddenly felt shy and speechless.

" again ji..ji.. You are reminding me about my jijaji...for god sake I am going to be your hubby, not jija..." Arnav was really enjoying the little game with his would be naive wife, while Khushi was spellbound.

" Suniye Arnavji..." Finally Khushi tried to say something...but Arnav cut her off, " Come Again.." " Arnavji..." Khushi spoke slowly, " Again... I did not hear it.." Arnav now almost caging Khushi between him and the wall behind.

" Arnav..." before Khushi utter the word ji, Arnav put a finger on her lips and silenced her.

" That's it... Arnav...you will call me by my name only...for sometimes, You can call me Mr Ray or Arnavji but....." Taking a deep breath Arnav finished the last line with finality in his voice, " But I would love to be KHUSHI'S "ARNAV" only..."

Both stand face to face looking at each other, none spoke a words after that... but a new bond began to bloom with a little hope, trust, responsibilities and somewhere a deep rooted affection....

None of them can term the deep rooted connection, more than affection now... But unknown to each other, secretly, a desire and hope slowly born to be with each other, probably not only for six months but for life time...

Only time can say, what will the fate of this blooming bond......

To be contd...

*********************

Author Note:

Hello My lovely readers...

Here is the third chapter of this Story..

Expecting your response ....

Happy birthday to Sanaya Irani..

Love and regards...

Mamree

17.09.2019