Four. Going Down Fighting

Jalynn P.O.V.

There's something about not knowing. Oblivion. Things are, in a way, so much better. There are no burdens. Then you learn the truth. You step into the light. Now there is clarity. A new sense of what is going on around you. Knowing changes you. You walk different. You talk different. You see different. You feel different. But most importantly, you think different.

"... Everything we did is for our kids. So we can protect y'all. Raise y'all to be great." my dad finished.

I didn't know what to say. I just couldn't think of anything. "Okay."

"Okay? You are your mother's child." my dad said chuckling.

I shrugged. "So Dash. You work for him?"

"He took me in. Gave me a foundation. I'm grateful for it."

I just nodded. "So am I ready to go home yet or what?"

Dash looked at me. "You stronger than I thought. Most girls wouldn't be able to hold they head up after some shit like that."

"She's a Westbrook." my dad said smiling at me.

"Yeah. She is." he said.

"So where does Cam fit into all of this?"

"He doesn't." my dad said. "Like I said. I did all of this so y'all wouldn't have to. I just want y'all to live the life you were given. Enjoy it. Dashawn here is a loyal friend to Cameron. Always been there. So I'ma always take care of him."

I looked over at Dash and nodded. I pulled out my phone and texted Cam.

I turned back to my dad who was just looking at me

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I turned back to my dad who was just looking at me. I looked over at Dash and he was staring too.

"What?"

"Nothin. You ready to go?"

"Umm yeah. I'll be out in a second."

He nodded and stood up walking toward the door and out leaving just me and Dash.

"So um.. thanks." I said standing up.

He stood up and walked over to me. "You know it ain't nothin." he said pulling me into a hug.

I wrapped my arms around his torso as we stood there. "And Dash?"

"Yea?"

"You better not tell nobody you seen me cry." I said pulling away from him.

He chuckled. "You got my word."

I smiled and headed out. "Thanks again for everything." I said as he closed the door behind me.

A while later

I was laying in my bed when I heard my door open.

"Get ya ass up lil girl." Cam said jumping on top of me.

In Too Deepजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें