XVIIII. No More Secrets

8 months later

Janae P.O.V.

"Jay stop." I said pulling away from him.

He just pulled me back down into his lap and went right back to kissing my neck.

"Baby how Ima cover this up?" I said mushing his head back. "Come on I need to get ready."

He sighed. "The world need to know this mine. Come here."

I giggled and pushed his head back again. This time he rolled off of me letting me up. I got up wrapping my towel back around me. I walked to my closet and looked in the mirror seeing a fresh mark forming on my neck.

"Jay Ima kill you!" I said rolling my eyes. I heard him chuckle from the bed.

I sighed and started getting dressed. I stood by the mirror and turned to the side looking at my forming 6-month pregnant belly. I just stared for a while. My belly was huge.

"You look beautiful." I jumped at his voice as he came up behind me wrapping his arms around to hold my belly.

"I look fat." I said sighing.

"You're perfect." he said kissing me on my cheek.

I turned around and reached up and kissed him. "Thank you."

I couldn't believe I was pregnant. Of course we're happy but I just wasn't expecting it. But then again we weren't using protection. Oh well. In 3 months my life is going to change forever.

"Baby I got some things to take care of so I won't be here when you get back." he said looking down at me.

"When are you coming back?"

"Late." he said leaning against the door frame.

I looked at him then down at the ground. I just hated when he left to do that gang stuff. I just can't sleep right not knowing where he is or if he's safe. I turned away.

"Come on, Nae. Here you go with that fuckin attitude." he said mugging me.

"I asked you to do one thing and I never ask for nothing. I just want you to leave that life alone."

He sighed and wiped his face with his hand. "Nae you know I can't do that. This is how I provide for us."

"Baby we are set for life. Our kids and their kids. You're doing this because you want to not because you have to." I said rolling my eyes. "You just so damn selfish. We have a child now. What if something happens to them? Then what?"

"I'm always gon protect y'all. So what are you even talking about?"

"I'm talking about you don't need to do this anymore. What if something happens to you? Then what? I'm left alone." I felt tears stinging the back of my eyes.

"Baby I'll be fine."

"You don't know that!" I said sitting down on the bed.

"Baby." he said walking toward me.

"No. Move." I said turning away from him.

"Nae. Baby I got us. I got you. And I promise you I'm always gon come home to you. Okay?" he said kissing my hand.

I looked up at him but didn't say anything.

"Okay?"

"I gotta go. Love you." I said pecking him on the lips and walking past.

"Janae." I stopped and mugged him for calling me by my name. "What the fuck was that?" he said mugging me right back.

I sighed then walked over to him and gave him a real kiss. Neither of us pulled away for a while. I finally broke the kiss and I forgot what I was even mad about.