Chapter 14

MAKA POV

I woke up early so that I could upload the picture to my laptop and print it out. ‘I want to keep this picture hidden from Soul so that I can use it against him when he starts to call me names again.’  I looked towards my bed and I saw Kid still sleeping.  His hair looks messy and his shirt was a little open so that I could see some of his chiseled chest.  ‘He looks so peaceful and cute. I’m glad he’s my boyfriend. A lot of people thought that I liked Soul, but he’s like my older brother. It’ll be weird to date someone that is like a brother.’ I checked the time and saw that it was 8:35. I stood up and decided to make breakfast. Since (y/n) is over, I think I’ll make some pancakes for everyone. Before I started cooking, I went to Soul’s room and saw that they were still sleeping together. (Y/n)’s head was on Soul’s chest and he had his arm around her in a protective way. ‘It’s cute how they end up like this after one night of being together. I hope they date each other sometime soon!’ I closed Soul’s door as quietly as I can so that I wouldn't wake them up. I walked to the kitchen and started to cook breakfast.

SOUL POV

I woke up to the sound of Maka cooking. I was going to stand up but there was some weight on my chest. I looked down to see (y/n)’s head on my chest and my arm around her. ‘She looks so peaceful, beautiful when she’s sleeping. I don’t want to wake her up. I think I’ll stay in bed a little longer and enjoy this I just hope she doesn't freak out when she sees the position we’re in.’ I start to move my hand up and down her arm. She started to move so I stopped fearing that she would wake up. But she didn't, she just moved closer to me and her right hand started to grab my sweater. I started to move my hand again. My left hand went to grab her right hand that is grabbing my sweater. It wasn't hard to loosen her grip. It was like she wanted my hand to be there. ‘I want this. I want her. I want to be with her. I want her to be my girlfriend. There’s no hiding it, I’m in love with her. But does she love me? What am I to her? Does she see me as just another friend? No that can’t be it, I mean she’s sleeping herein my bed with me. She even has her head on my chest so she can’t think of me as just a friend, can she?’ I looked back down at her to see that she is sleeping. I just realized that her hoodie came off her head. ‘If I remember correctly she had that on her last night when I put her in my bed. Did she wake up in the middle of the night to take off? Did she notice we were sharing a bed? Oh Shinigami I hope she doesn't panic. Relax Soul! Your panicking is going to wake up (y/n). She doesn't seem to be bothered by my panicking.  Maybe I’ll go to sleep, I don’t think she’s going to wake up anytime soon.  It’ll probably be better too because I don’t want to explain what’s happening with our position when she wakes up.’  I looked at her one last time before closing my eyes.  I didn't stop moving my hand though.  I felt like I was protecting her and comforting from anything that might harm her.  I fell asleep with (y/n) on my mind.

(Y/N) POV

I woke up to see that I was practically on top of Soul.  My head was on his chest and my right hand was holding Soul’s left hand.  His right hand was moving up and down rubbing against my arm.  I looked up to see that Soul was asleep.  ‘Thank Shinigami he’s asleep.  It would probably be awkward if we were both awake and in this position.  He looks really peaceful sleeping. He’s also very cute when he’s asleep. Wait…is he sleeping? His breathing seems to be slowing down into a steady pace. Was he awake? Did he just notice our position and decided to go back to sleep?  Is he fine with our position? He looks happy, he doesn't seemed bothered by it. Maybe I’m just over-thinking it.’  Soul opened his eyes again to see that I was awake and looking out into space. I didn't notice he was looking at me until he spoke up.

“Hey”

“U-um hi,” I replied shyly. ‘The position that we’re in is totally going to make me blush like crazy. I bet I am blushing!’