Chapter 12

NORMAL POV

(Y/N), Black*Star, and Tsubaki arrived to the park an hour early. Black*Star started showing (y/n) how to play basketball. He first told her some of the rules, then he showed her some of the basics of the sport. (Y/N) picked up everything fast. Before Black*Star knew it, she was making shots from the free-throw line with ease. There was still 20 minutes before everyone started to show up. Black*Star challenged (y/n) to a game. Tsubaki was going to ref the game so it would be fair.

The game started and Black*Star had the ball first. (Y/N) started to play good defense against him and was even able to steal the ball away from Black*Star. She ran to the basket and did a layup earning her 2 pts.

"Nice job Lone*Star! But don't think that just because you got the first points means your gonna win" Black*Star smirked.

"Whatever... In the end we all know that I'm gonna be the winner here" (Y/N) smirked back.

~~~~20 MINUTE TIME-SKIP brought to you by your awesomeness~~~~

The game is a tie. (Y/N) and Black*Star both have 36 points. They were both tired from all the defensive and offensive plays. They both stood there catching their breathe. Meanwhile, Soul, Maka, Kid, Liz, and Patty were just arriving at the park. They came to a halt when they all saw Black*Star and (Y/N) on the court panting for air.

"Hey Tsubaki, what's going on with those two?" Asked Maka.

"Oh, Black*Star wanted to show (Y/N) how to play before all of you showed up" Tsubaki replied with a smile.

"Okay, and I'm assuming that they got into a game before we came?"

"Yes, they're both tied with 36 points right now. They don't want to stop right now."

"HEY BLACK*STAR! WHY DON'T YOU AND (Y/N) TAKE A BREAK AND COME OVER HERE BY US SO WE CAN SET UP TEAMS!" Soul shouted at Black*Star.

"Huh...OH OKAY!!!" Black*Star yelled back at Soul.

"C'mon Lone*Star! We can finish this game later! Right now we should team up and prove to them how AWESOME we are!!" Black*Star grabbed (y/n) hand and dragged her to the rest of the gang. (Y/N) sat on the bench next to Tsubaki and Maka. Tsubaki handed (Y/N) a water bottle and a towel to wipe off the sweat.

"So who's going to be captains?" Asked Kid.

"I SAY ME AND KID SHOULD BE CAPTAINS!!" Shouted Black*Star.

"Fine, any objections?" Questioned Kid, "No, okay then it's settled. Black*Star and I will be the captains."

"I THINK I SHOULD CHOOSE FIRST BECAUSE IM THE GREAT ALMIGHTY BLACK*STAR!! HAHAHA!"

"Why don't we flip a coin 8 times to make things more fair" responded Kid.

"How about Rock Paper Scissors to make things go more faster" commented Soul.

"Fine....you ready Kid? Rock, Paper, Scissors, SHOOT!" Black*Star did scissors while Kid did paper. Black*Star won and therefore had the choice to choose first.

"ALRIGHT! THE ALMIGHTY BLACK*STAR NEVER LOSES IN A GAME OF ROCK PAPER SCISSORS!!"

"Just choose your player already we don't have all day" commented Liz.

"Alright alright, hmm I choose (y/n)!"

"Liz your with me"

After dividing the teams up. It was Black*Star, (Y/N), Soul, and Tsubaki vs. Kid, Liz, Patty, and Maka. Since Black*Star was able to pick first, Kid's team had ball first. The game started and so far Black*Star's team was doing good. Especially since Black*Star and Soul were doing good teamwork together attracting Kid's team away from the girls. Black*Star and Soul would attract everyone towards them so that Tsubaki and (Y/N) would get open for the shot. Kid's team wasn't doing so well. Kid and Liz would team up and try their best to move the ball around Black*Star's defensive plays. Patty would laugh whenever her sister missed her shot. Maka would try her best to get into the game, but in all true honesty, she would rather be sitting down and reading her book.