XXI.

𝙖𝙣𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖

"what do you mean he's speaking on trial today?!" I exclaimed as jonathan told me some news.

"alipate's speaking on trial today" he told me.

I sighed at that shitty ass news, why am I not even too surprised that he is. especially since that prosecutor is already trying to get joe locked up. this just made me stressed out and pissed off even more. I could already tell that the minute joe saw alipate walk up there, he was gonna be furious.

"ain't that some fucking shit" jon said.

"he's definitely gonna lie on joe" colby added.

"who would've known that haku raised a bitch for a son" leati said.

"is that his father?" I wondered.

"yup. he's a tough ass SOB, seemed to had raised his kids the same but I guess not" he told me.

"alipate's just being a dick because of his hatred for joe to be honest" josh said.

today was already gonna be dreadful and it didn't even start yet.

later on in the trial

"may alipate leone come up to the bench?" judge grant announced.

my stomach already began to turn as alipate walked up to the bench. he already had his little smirk on his face and once he got up to joe, it got bigger. I couldn't see joe's face but I could see his body language, and he seemed pissed.

"mr. leone, do you solemnly swear that you will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth so help you God under the pains and penalties of perjury?" judge grant said to him.

"I will" alipate responded as he sat down in the bench.

"so mr. leone, you're the CEO of G.O.D inc. mhm. you also worked for anoa'i incorporated for three years as an COO until you were let go last year right?" thomas said to him.

"yes" he said.

"how were those three years? i've been told that you were one of the first people that my client hired when he took over the company in 2015" thomas asked.

"joe and I had known each other for years prior to him taking over anoa'i incorporated. matter of fact, we worked together before he became a CEO. we got along pretty quickly at our old job and outside of our job, we would hang out, drink beers and smoke cigars, just casual shit" alipate explained.

"when joe told me that he was gonna take over his father's company, joe came to me and asked me if I wanted to be his chief operating officer. he felt like I would be good for the job because of my authoritarian manner. I accepted it and it was myself, joe, jonathan and joshua fatu, and celine matthews, his former secretary".

"we ran that company. personally i'd say, i'm the main reason for anoa'i incorporated's success. I practically carried that bitch" he said.

and people call joe the arrogant asshole.... alipate was on a whole other level of cocky.

"oh really? then if you're the reason for anoa'i incorporated's success? why were you abruptly let go from the company last year?" thomas asked him. "and how come you and joe's friendship fell apart?".

"oh y'all wanna know the truth huh?" alipate smirked.

"well it was last year and I had walked into the office, feeling good and ready for the day. then once I got to my office, there was a pink slip on my desk saying that I was being "terminated". I was confused on what I did wrong, I did absolutely nothing wrong for me to get fired" he started to explain. it was already bullshit.