XIV.

𝙖𝙣𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖

it was 11:01, and we were officially in miami. the convention has finally arrived and it was gonna be one hell of a week.

not only do we have to put on a good front for the company, but we also have to worry about the heads at G.O.D, who are gonna make sure that our company goes down.

but... I mostly had to figure out how joe and I are gonna really work this whole "thing" out while his girlfriend and all of these important people are here.

we headed to the hyatt regency miami where the convention was and where everyone was staying. it was so many people buzzing around the hotel, they were everywhere. including locals that had to leave the hotel for the week since the whole hotel was rented out for this convention. it was madness.

"colby we're here, don't forget all of my stuff is in your mailbox to get into the building. i'll have anastasia forward you some more things when we get settled in" joe told his friend on the phone.

once he hung up on the phone, he came over to me and sat down.

"damn we didn't even get to our hotel room and I already got work to do" I said.

"you are the secretary though ana" he chuckled. "but just send him over the week information and reports daily for the convention".

"okay" I said.

joe kept on looking at me up and down and I just subtly smiled at him.

and then alana came over...

"joe you know that local 10 is here? I saw one of the reporters in the bathroom" she told him as she sat on his lap. "you should ask for an interview".

"nah i'm good, I really just wanna go check in so I can take a nap before the dinner party. but we gotta wait for jon and renee" he told her.

"jon and renee? who is that?" I wondered.

"jon is a really good friend of mine, and renee is his wife" he said.

"mhm aren't you the secretary? shouldn't you this type of stuff? looks like someone's not doing their job" alana snickered.

"and what's your job? being a gold digger?" I shot back.

"okay please don't start this week" joe said as alana was about to come at me.

"she poppin shit too and you ain't coming at her!" she exclaimed.

"I was talking to both of y'all, stop it. too many important people here and I will not have this company be embarrassed" he said.

but the gag is, he was looking directly at alana rather than me.

a few minutes later, jon and renee arrived to the hotel. I was glad because I really just wanted to check in.

"we would've been here earlier but we stopped for breakfast" the one who I assume is renee said. "we've been in miami for almost two hours now".

"right and y'all were taking all the time it seems" joe said. "i'm trying to check in and go to sleep".

"relax man, you weren't gonna die" the one who I assume is jon said.

"oh guys, before I forget, this is anastasia" joe said. "she is the secretary, anastasia, this is jon and renee, my good friends".

"finally nice to meet you" I said to them.

"nice to meet you" jon said back.

"you're so pretty!" renee said. "and I dig the led zeppelin shirt you have on".