Prologue

Media: Gracie Before

➰〰➰

© Copyright to Riley Rose. Do not copy, or redistribute in any way without written consent of the author. Failure to comply could be fined or even jailed. ©

➰〰➰

General imperfections are prohibited by our government. The expect everyone to either be perfect, twig-thin, and, basically, Plastic. Plastics are definitely the most preferred by the Government.

Then there are the Mutations. The... least favorite group of teenagers. They're the ones that went under the knife and got turned into a monster. Like a demon or a werewolf.

I, myself, always lived outside of the city. I never knew what plastic surgery was, or what a "Plastic" was. All I knew was that my brother and I were both hideously grotesque in comparison to our parents.

Our parents are Plastics. They escaped when they had my older brother. Our father has reddish blonde hair, tan skin, muscles, and pretty much no signs that he's nearing 53.

Our mother has black hair, blue eyes, pale skin, and an hourglass figure. They were different from all the other Plastics. The others enjoy being capital puppets.

But that's a story for later.

As I was saying, we'd always lived in the country, just outside the cities. Which meant that we actually had a choice on whether we wanted to become Plastic or Mutation.

I, hadn't made my choice yet, but my brother (his name is Favian), had already decided on being a Plastic. He always yearned to be what he considered perfect.

In the country, there's also the option of having no surgery at all, because after your surgery, you're forced to live in the city you were chosen for. It's either Ferocity or Firecity. The only time you may leave is A) trading, B) surgeries, C) you died and they have to ship your body off, or D) a family member is going under the knife.

I remember the day that I had to pick what side I wanted. Too bad that my decision didn't matter.