Chapter 5: Heidi

Waking up, my headache from yesterday's activity pounded my brain, making me feel sick. I really need some panadol. I slowly got up out of my bed, holding my head, even though it probably won't even help with the headache, but anyway.

Checking my phone next to me, it was 9:07AM; meaning school had already started. 

I inwardly groaned. I may be a player, but I need to keep up my grades for the university course I want to get into.

Swinging my legs out of my bed, I shuffled towards my dresser, grabbing out my uniform; short black skirt and blue polo shirt. Still shuffling, i went ove to my bedside table and took out little black sockets and slid into my black vans.

I made my way to my bathroom and stared into the mirror; I looked like a piece of shit. I grabbed a make-up wipe and took off the make-up from yesterday that I couldn't be bothered to take off. Feeling a little fresher, I put on some moisturizer and my normal make-up; thin layer of foundation, thin eyeliner, mascara and baby lips to top it off. I quickly ran the brush through my hair, leaving it down. I left a hair lacky on my wrist, just in case.

Grabbing my bag from my room, I went into the kitchen to see a note on the bench from my mum.

Heidi,

I know you got in late last night, like usual, so I just left you to sleep in. I called the school, saying you were going to be late because of an 'appointment'. I made pancakes this morning and left some batter in the fridge if you want to make some for breakfast. Don't skip school today. I trust you. Love you hun.

xo

It was strange of my mum to suddenly just trust. Thinking nothing of it, I dropped my bag and went straight to the fridge to find an empty bowl in there with a sticky note in it. 

JOKING!

There's a breakfast shake in the door. GET YO ASS TO SCHOOL!

Wow. Should never trust that woman. EVER.

Grabbing the shake from the door, I picked up my keys and bag, and made my way out the door, to my baby, Road Runner. I plugged in my phone and blasted the sound of Ed Sheeran's voice singing Grade 8.

**********************

My locker wasn't to far from my class which was halfway through the lesson. The period after was break, might aswell skip this lesson; my english teacher won't miss me.

I swiftly shut my locker, without making much noise, and made my way through the double doors that led outside.

Finally, some time to think about what happened yesterday and for those thoughts to be accompanied with a cigarette. Which I forgot to grab this morning. Shit.

Why the hell did I agree to play Blayde? He'll never be fooled. He'll know there's something up. It would just be weird right? What am I even saying, I get to choose who I want to play, and he's not on the list; no matter how hot he is and how much we're alike. WHAT?!?! Stop thinking with feelings stupid girl. It's not like I get anything out of it if I play him, except deflated ego, on his side. That's an alright prize, I guess.

My train of thought was interupted by someone tapping on my shoulder. 

I turned my head to see a pack of smokes infront of my face and one hanging out. I male hand was holding them, and I trailed my eyes up his fit body to see none other than Blayde Pheonix, offering me one of his cigs? Strange. There must be something wrong with him, or the cig.

He cleared his throat, "I know you, uh, smoke sometimes; do you, uh... want one?"

Is he nervous?

I smirked at him, "and you know how?"

He freaked a little, "everyone knows," he hastily said.

I internally giggled. Wait, I giggled? When have I ever giggled?

I took the cig from the box and placed it in my mouth, "can you light it up?" I said with it to the side of my mouth.

He took the lighted out of his pocket and lit it. I took a long drag from it and blew it on his face. He stepped back a coughed a little. 

"Thanks."

"So," he 'casually' said, taking a spot next to me on the wall.

"So?"

"So uh, are you, okay?"

"What would be wrong?"

"I mean like, how are you?"

"Hungover and at school, how do you think?"

He was being really strange, he's normally cocky and self-centered.

"Yeah me too. So you decided to skip?"

"I got to school like, ten minutes ago. It wasn't worth actually going to my class. But now that I think about it, I should go."

I threw the cigarette to the ground and put it out with my foot. I made my way back into the school building without a second glance.

*****************************

School finally ended without any run-ins with Blayde, not that I'm avoiding him. Well, I kind of am; he was just acting so strange this morning, I needed to keep away from the guy. He probably didn't get to play anyone recently and now knows that I'm going to win; he's in for an even bigger surprise when we get to detention.

sorry for the short chapter, I think the next part will be better written in Blayde's POV. ;) Vote and comment, xo