Chapter 4: Blayde

"I fucking hate school." Reece groaned from beside me, 

"Me too man, me too." I agreed.

Reece and I are currently sprawled comfortably on the hood of his Chevy.

Complaining about school doesn't really make sense as we barely ever attend, kind of like right now. After English we decided to wag, agreeing that Cooking is a complete waste of time and we should save it for the women.

I tried enlightening Mrs Trent on my opinion and was quickly given a detention for after school tomorrow. Is that even legal? Keeping the students back past school hours?

"Hey man, pass me the lighter?" Reece asked, interrupting my thoughts.

I passed it to him and listened as he flicked it a few times, trying to get a steady flame.

I pulled the cigarette I had already lit up and took a long drag before flicking to the floor and sitting upright. 

"We should probably head over to the park now." I said climbing off the hood.

"Kay." Reece replied, following my lead.

Every day most year 12's head over to the park and meet up with their friends. It's kind of like a tradition and people wait for the day they're in year 12 just to experience it.

As we drove I pulled out my phone and checked the time, 2:56pm. School ends at 3:00 but theres no doubt people already there. A lot of people skip at the end of the day.

I also had three messages and two missed calls from Leah, 

Leah: Hey Blaydey, where are you? xxxx

Leah: Trip to the janitors closet ;) xxxx

Leah: Hey xooxoxx

I replied to all of them with, 

Blayde: It's Blayde and piss off now. Don't come and talk to me in the halls, don't force yourself onto me at parties and don't try and make me jealous. Bye now.

With some girls, you need to be straight forward. 

"So, you and Heidi eh?" Reece asked as I put my phone back in the back pocket of my maroon chinos.

"What about us?" 

"You guys have some serious tension between you. And by tension, I mean the sexual kind."

I let out a laugh. What the fuck is he on about?

"Nah man, she's hot but I'd never go there ay, it'd be weird. Plus, she doesn't do guys from our school, you know that." 

"Aw c'mon, don't act like you haven't thought about it though. I think almost every guy in the world's thought about it." He turned to face me for a sec, his eye brows raised, questioning.

"Well I can't deny I haven't thought about it."

"Exactly. Oy, I bet you, out of all guys, you would be able to tame the beast."

"Tame the beast?" 

"Yup." He replied popping the 'p'. 

I laughed, "Nah..."

"You're right, you wouldn't be able too." He said, pulling into an available parking space and jumping out.

"Wait! What?" I said, jogging to catch up to him. 

"You wouldn't be able to bed her. Is what I'm saying." He said looking at me quickly, before turning back and walking across the oval.

"Could so!" What is he talking about? I can get any girl into bed, no matter how popular.

"Could not!" He yelled back,

"Hey, this is Blaybe Pheonix you're talking about! I bet I could get any girl I want into bed." 

"I'm gonna follow you up on that bet. You have to get Heidi into bed by graduation, or you owe me $100 and will be my slave for a week." He said, finally stopping in the middle of the oval, and turning to face me.

"Slave? What are you, like 10?" 

He didn't answer, just held out his hand for me to shake.

"And if I win?"

"I owe you $100 and will be your slave for a week. Simple as."

I thought for a moment. What's there to loose? Well, except my $100.

"Deal." I said, shaking his hand.

--

"Hey man, pass the spliff." I said holding out my hand.

"Here." Reece coughed out, passing it over.

He really can't hold his weed.

"Ta." I said before pulling up to my lips.

"Did you even bring any thing?" Reece asked after a couple minutes.

"Uh, duh." I replied, leaning forward to pull out a bottle of vodka and a bottle of coke.

I passed them over and watched him skillfully mix them, same amount of each in each bottle. Well, as even as you can get.

He passed the vodka bottle back to me and we sat there drinking.

We're currently leaning against our tree. Well that's what every other year 12 calls it, probably because we lean against it almost every day.

Slowly we watched more and more teenagers fill the park. 

"Hey man, I'm gonna go find Ashley." Reece said getting up and wiping his hands on his dark blue chinos.

"Kay." 

Reece is probably the second best player at our school, after me. And maybe Heidi. So he's third best.

I watched as he swaggered off, and finally looking up, i noticed all the girls standing around our tree giggling and continuously looking at me.

"Okay girls, i know I'm hot, but try not to stare." I called out to them.

They all giggled crazily and most of them turned red.

I stood up with a sigh. "Okay, who's first?"