21

Welcome to the final (COUNTDOWN) chapter! I am so excited to know about everyone's reactions to this chapter. I am also thinking of writing another book weather its with my own characters or another fanfiction.

I wake up alone and cold in my bed. Kachann's gone home probably. The texture of the sheets against my skin felt good, warm, comfy, compared with the cloudy glass of the window above my head, announcing that a heavy and cold weather was dispersing through the town. I pick myself up from my bed and sit on the edge. I dig my palms of my hands into my eyes trying to wake up, yawing at the same time. I do the everyday stretch and groggily walk about my room picking up clothes every few seconds. I bundle them up and cradle them in my arms (HE HAS A BABY). My feet are freezing even with socks on. Yes I sleep with socks on so what (SAME).

I make my way through the hall way slowly shuffling down the stairs.

Imagine standing on a beach. The grains of sand underneath your feet and in between your toes. The warm salty breeze ruffling your hair. And the sky is just midnight black and the stars are looking down at you. Just silent. And watchful. No car horns or seagulls. Nothing except the breeze and the sound of the waves over lapping. Nothing else. And imagine walking closer to the sea. Trying to get closer just so you can look at the waves whose sounds you hear. And you walk closer.

The shoreline should have been here. You suddenly realize that you are just a few steps away from the shoreline. But there's no water. And you listen closely and realize... you can't hear the waves. There's just a deep impression of where the sea used to be. A deep and wide pit extending as far as your eyes can see.

It would be lonely, empty even. A vast field of nothing. A long stretch of sand that could go on for miles. No one there, no one to see or even talk to. Just emptiness. Like my house.

 It's not a home anymore. I have no one. The walls are stained with memories that are slowly being washed away. The ghosts of the people who used to be here only wandering around searching for the place they once knew very well.

My house isn't recognizable anymore. It's messy, dark and empty. You walk in and you leave like your soul has been replaced. No one comes around anymore unless it's Kachann but even he doesn't stay too long.

I slip through the small door way flipping on a light switch and walking down the stairs ready to put on a load of new washing.

I freeze. My feet barely even brushing the last step. I lock eyes with the one thing I forgot about. Suddenly the paper thin memories that were beginning to fade away stormed back in like a parade of thoughts.

The rusted stain sits there not doing anything almost innocent like, but its not. It's what was once there that makes it so bad. The outline of her head. The bottles that I have yet to remove, lay there staring at me mocking my misery. My eyes burn, my vision blurs and before I know it my shirt is soaking wet. The pools of tears don't stop.

Thousands of different voices whisper each memory of her voice, her smiles, her smell over and over again. My brains like static. Its on fire, the flames are eating me up keeping me barricaded in a storm of thoughts. All I can do is think but I don't want to.

My lungs are being squeezed. A hands running down my throat reaching for my lungs gripping and scratching until finally they get a hold of them. My breaths been takin away. The clothes I was holding swarm around my feet. I clench my jumper pulling it in all directions. I need air. I need to breath.

The blood pounded in my ears. My heart thudded in my chest. My hands shook. My feet tingled. My vision disfigured, as if I were looking through a fish-eye lens. I had to get away. I couldn't stay near that damned house any longer. I couldn't look at it.