Part fourty four

The kids were so excited that their dad was awake. Aaliyah had to hold them back, as they wanted to jump on Jameel. "Remember, daddy is still not well. You can meet him one at a time." The twins ran to Jameel, and jumped on him. Jameel smiled and hugged them both. Aaliyah smiled and wept, as she saw this. Aaliyah's daughter ran to Jameel next. She jumped on him. "Daddy" she shouted. Jameel hugged and kissed his little princess.

Aaliyah was about to go, when she got called by the doctor. Aaliyah ran to see what was the matter.  "Aaliyah, Jameel might have woken up, but we've had a look at his scans again. He took the brunt of the toll as he shielded the children. He's got quite a bit of swelling around the brain. He might not be the Jameel you remember." "I don't care. I'm just glad he's ok. I'll deal with everything. Please, let me go and see him."

Aaliyah ran into the room and saw Jameel was playing with the children. Aaliyah felt like her heart was going to burst. She had missed this sight so much. She was glad Jameel hadn't forgotten how to be a dad. She loved that most about him. He was a brilliant father to their children. Aaliyah went up to the children and took them away. "Daddy needs to rest, we'll come back tomorrow." Aaliyah took the children home, she had been dreaming of this moment for so long. The children squealed with excitement at being back home, and at opening their gifts.

Aaliyah smiled, watching all of this. This was a sight she never thought she'd see. She was thankful to God that he hadn't shaken her faith, and had kept it intact. Now all we need is you here Jameel she thought. Come back to your Aaliyah and your children