The Visit

This is based off a tumblr post that I read.

Crowley arrives in Tadfield in his newly-repaired Bentley, holding a paper bag filled with all sorts of snacks that he thought the children would like.

He never really admitted it, but he was quite fond of kids. And seeing four kids stand up against the adversaties of humanity, he had a huge respect for anyone that could do that. Especially if one of those kids was his supposed-somewhat-godson.

He parks his car in a nearby parking space and walks towards the Young's residents.

"Yes? Can we help you?"

Deidre answers the door.

"Uh, yeah. Is Adam here?"

"Oh, he's gone out to play with his friends in the woods out back. Has he done something wrong?"

"Oh, no no. Not wrong. Just thought I'd pop in to say--"

"Mr. Crowley, is that you?"

Arthur Young comes out of the living room, spotting the familiar man from a few weeks before.

"Yes, hello. Um, mind if I go to where Adam is at with his friends?"

"Oh, I don't see why not. Just go around back and they'll be in the woods there."

Crowley nods and heads on towards the Them's hideout. He finds it fairly easily, as he followed the hellhound's scent.

"There you all are."

He smirks as he approaches. The Them turn to see the mysterious demon they had met at the airfield not too long ago.

"Hello, Mr. Crowley."

"Adam, please. Just call me Anthony."

"Your human name?"

The serpent merely nods.

"Alright then. Uh, what have you got?"

"Oh, well, I decided to come check on you, and how you're all doing after all that. Brought a few treats, as well."

He hands out the paper bag that has a few snacks and a few drinkd, and some ice pops that miraculously haven't melted yet.

"But won't your boss get mad at you being... well... undemonic to a bunch of kids?"

Pepper asks curiously. Sbe didn't want to cause the man any trouble for coming all the way out here.

"Oh, no need to worry. Our head offices decided we'd be better off left alone starting now. We're independent agents now. Besides, I left their side a long time ago. Just didn't want to deflect until... well, until the Not-really-Armageddon."

"Actually, we decided to call it the 'Armagedidn't'."

Crowley chuckled at Brian's input.

"Well, I suppose that's one way to out it. So, what have you been doing?"

"Playing. Not much fun now, really. We can't think of anything to play."

Adam admitted. Usually, he came up with loads of games. But right now, he seems distracted with the demon here.

"Anthony... how long have you been around? Mr. Angel never really went around to telling us your story."

"Well, I've been around since the Garden of Eden existed."

"Wait, really?"

Wensleydale wasn't particularly religious. But after all that's happened, he began reading the lores of the Christian and Jewish faith, learning more and more about it as he went on.