Shafaq - Twilight

yeh dono jahan ishq hua
Silsila yeh jo bana,
Uska maula hai gawa
Ham pe yun shafaq e ishq hua

🍁🍁🍁

“What's the need of getting married so soon?”

“Duh, I found him and I want to spend my whole life with him.”

“But it's so soon.”

Sehr rolled her eyes dramatically at her friend's disapproval and stood up from the chair twirling around appreciating her look and the bridal attire which her husband lovingly chose for her. She giggled heartily ignoring her friend again looking at herself in the mirror which earned another groan from Suhana.

“You are looking like a clown with so much make- up”. Sehr ignored her words again knowing well that all she said was a lie. She understood Suhana's paranoia. Adjusting her nose pin and applying maroon lipstick on her lips, She started making kissy faces to the mirror.

Ugh, Stop it, Sehr. You are making me puke.

"Its time to go down Sehr, you are looking breathtakingly gorgeous" They heard her mother's voice halting them without further discussion. Sehr looked at herself in the mirror once again adjusting her dupatta she walked towards her mother when Suhana abruptly tugged Sehr's hand
with her.

Getting up from the bed, Suhana hugged Sehr tightly crushing her bones slightly. A few tears escaped from her eyes which made Sehr cry. Patting her back slowly, She assured her it will turn out to be fine.

"If it doesn't happen like you thought, I am gonna trash him and maybe murder him even though I don't like going to jail" Suhana whispered earnestly which made Sehr laugh out loud with tears rolling from her eyes which she wiped quickly with the tissue given by her mother.

🍁🍁🍁

"What's your name beta?" Suhana heard the same aunt asking her for the nth time. She kept dodging her every time by escaping with lame excuses. She had enough of her pestering attitude which made her hold someone's hand randomly and introducing him as her husband.

"You were married? So sad" Suhana heard the aunt's voice after a few minutes like she scrutinised her choice thoroughly and rather disappointed with it. Before Suhana can think anything, She heard her voice asking another question which threw her off guard.

"What's his name?" listening to her question, she slowly lifted her lashes to look at the person whose hand she was holding happily as if she was holding Sehr's hand. She saw him for the first time, his eyes were deep like the black hole with a hint of mischief in them. Like he was enjoying the drama. He bit his lower lip to stop from smiling at her expressions which made her wet her lips in stress.

"I am Ishaan Aunty, pleased to meet you" The guy introduced himself taking pity on his newfound wife which he didn't have any idea about till now, which made him laugh heartily. She melted seeing his smile. He was looking average dressed in a white kurta, sleeves rolled up to his elbows. The black pyjama was giving him a dapper look with the black reshmi shawl wrapped around like a scarf. A few hairs sprawled on his forehead giving him the dapper look.

"Ma Sha Allah, you both look heaven made couple" He heard the aunt's voice whilst he smiled cheekily, his arm now wrapping around Suhana's shoulder slightly giving her goosebumps.

"Ouch" Ishaan yelled suddenly when he was pinched by her with a smile on her face and her eyes warning him to remove his hand which he did quickly.

"It's getting late aunty, we have other works at home. Take care" Suhana replied politely with a genuine smile plastered on her face, holding Ishaan's hand they walked outside of the function hall.

"I never knew, we were married" Ishaan replied smirking removing his hand from hers before she can do any damage.

"No. It's that she was getting in my nerves" Suhana replied lazily adjusting her dupatta, her bangles tinkling composing a tune of their own. He smiled heartily looking at her. She was looking ethereal in her parrot green sharara.

"Suhana" She introduced herself with a smile scanning her surroundings for an auto. Ishaan smiled listening to her name.

"What do you do apart from introducing random strangers as your husband?" He asked huskily, looking at her.

"I just completed my graduation" Suhana replied casually stopping an auto with a wave of her hand. She urged him to accompany her. Because he looked quite gentlemen.

"Where are we going now?" He asked slightly confused, not that he didn't enjoy being with her newly found wife.

"A Husband must drop his wife home safely" Suhana replied cheekily hiding her smirk. A smile adorned on his lips listening to her.

"You could have said you were afraid to travel alone at this time of hour" He teased her smiling lightly looking at his watch which showed past midnight.

"A girl has to be careful" She replied shivering feeling the gaze of the driver from the mirror, who was looking at them keenly. Following her gaze, he glared at the driver which made him avert his gaze quickly from them.

Soon they both reached the destination, Whilst he paid for the auto while she waited holding his hand firmly in hers.

"So... " Ishaan asked gesturing lightly with his eyes towards their hands, Suhana abruptly left his hand as if it burned her. Chuckling lightly, he walked her towards the gate of their home noticing the surroundings and
the area quietly to remember it for future purposes.

Opening the gate, She walked inside without saying a word, suddenly she halted feeling guilty of not thanking him. She turned back to see him still looking at her, she slowly walked towards him.

"Do you have Instagram?" She asked him whilst he nodded his head in approval, taking his phone out from his pyjama pocket. She sent him a request and accepting it, she gave his phone back to him.

"Can we take a selfie?" Ishaan hesitantly asked trying not to offend her, She thought for a few seconds and gave her affirmation. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder without touching her arms leaving it in the mid-air whilst she kept her both hands on his one shoulder standing on her toes to match his height. A bright smile was plastered on their faces.

"Good night my one evening fake husband. Take care" Suhana replied earnestly departing from him with a quick hug but the next words whispered from his lips left her shocked.

"Just so you know, That lady was my mother" He replied cheekily, laughing loudly he walked towards the main road with a never-ending smile plastered on his lips and in his heart.

🍁🍁🍁

The End