Day Two

Hey Children! Oh shoot Two Chapters in one Day?!?! anyways i have this entire thing written but i want to upload the chapters separately and add more ship stuff rather than keeping it conservative for Theology ^_^

Monday March 3rd, 2014

             Dear journal,

It is Monday night and I am writing to you secretly right now because it was a very eventful day. As you may remember from my last entry, I was supposed to teach my class for the very first time alone. The school I teach at is a catholic school called “The Holy School of Pittsburgh”. It’s a school where children living in poverty could get a catholic education.  I wish I could say it went perfectly, but a few things sort of got in the way. First of all, I got to my class 15 minutes late because we had an extra-long mass this morning, and when I got there, I spent ¾ of the rest of class just trying to get them to sit quiet. Even worse was when I completely blanked on the lesson I spent all night memorizing. Eventually I just had them silent read for the rest of class. As the bell rang for the end of first period, I let out a deep sigh and sat in my chair with a groan. Honestly that was the worst experience I have ever had. I did not appreciate Sister Hazel for putting up these children enough.  I as only teaching 6th graders, but it was much harder than I thought. Second period was a bit better considering I didn’t forget my own name this time. I actually managed to finish the lesson and assigned the kids a quick homework assignment before the bell for lunch rang. Usually I would have only arrived to the school so finding out where to eat was a problem. Ultimately I decided to just eat in my classroom. I had brought leftover pasta from last night which, sadly, was the highlight of my day. Anyways, while I was eating, I heard a knock on my door. A familiar head peaked around door and I immediately recognized it as Annabeth. She apparently had a substitute job teaching the 4th graders down the hall and just wanted to check up on me. We had a nice chat about teaching before staying silent for a few moments. In an attempt to break the tension, I asked her about Piper and Reyna since she had known them a longer than I did. It was still a bit awkward talking to her because it had been years since I last saw her before joining the order. She started talking about life in the house before I moved.  Apparently Reyna had been a completely different person before; she used to joke and laugh a lot. I must have made a face because Annabeth immediately assured me that it must be that Reyna is getting older and it has nothing to do with me. Still I was convinced that I had something to do with it. There was just a feeling that I had seen her before joining the order. Maybe she dated my little brother in high school or something. I pondered that thought a bit longer before Annabeth tapped my shoulder and pointed at the time. I had about 2 minutes before class started. I hastily said good bye to Annabeth and rushed to grab my papers as she left the room. The rest of the day went about as smooth as gravel. The kids wouldn’t stop talking, I was sweating like a pig, and then on top of that, I spelled Jesus wrong on the board because of my dyslexia. By the end of third period, I was close to tears so the principal had to come in a finish the last period for me. When I got back home, Annabeth and Piper were sitting in the living room drinking tea while Reyna was in the kitchen putting biscuits on a plate. Annabeth and Piper automatically realized that I most likely did not have the best day in the world so they ushered me into the seat in between them. Out of nowhere I started sobbing grossly, wailing about how I sucked at everything and how I wasn’t cut out to teach. They started patting my back telling me it was going to be alright and that the Holy Spirit would guide me down the right path. After I calmed down and wiped my face, I looked up to see Reyna holding a cup of tea in my face. I slowly took the cup, muttered a small “thank you”, and sipped it quietly, letting its warmth soothe my body. She lingered in front of me for a second before moving across the rug to her chair on the other side of the room. We sat in silence for what seemed like eternity, when randomly Piper stood up and announced that we should do a sister-bonding activity. I burst out laughing imagining all of us telling scary stories and giving away all our secrets. Annabeth and Piper joined me in laughing and I could have sworn I saw a small smile flicker across Reyna’s face. When the laughter died down, Reyna announced that it was too late for that at the moment, but that if we finished dinner early tomorrow we could do a bonding activity. She then ushered us into our rooms for bed. I could hear Annabeth and Piper’s voices chattering excitedly in the other room until Reyna shushed them loudly. I smiled. I was getting used to these three girls becoming my new family. Sure there were ups and downs, but it was worth it. Before I go to bed, I am going to pray that class goes better tomorrow. Well, it’s getting late so as usual wish me luck!

Love,

Thalia Grace

How was that guys?!?!?! Thanks for Reading!!!

~ Queen Mally of Shipping \(^_^)/