lucky one

luke hemmings was a twenty two year old man with pretty blond hair and the prettiest eyes anyone had ever seen. he was such a enjoyable person with many friends. wherever he went, he made new friends. he was patient and sweet. as well, luke was very forgiving. nobody could ever do wrong in his eyes.

luke had lived in the same city his entire life. he had no desire to move, and that is why he inherited his childhood house when his parents decided to move to florida once they retired.

he lived alone, which did not bother him at all. he enjoyed the peace and quiet. he enjoyed staying up as late as he wanted without worrying about who was going to wake up.

when he was younger, there was an older couple who lived in the tan ranch style home across the street. it was only two years ago when they had both passed. ever since then, the house sat vacant. everything changed when someone had finally bought the house.

luke sat on the leather couch, humming to himself as he read a book that he found at the library. his attention shifted when he heard tires screeching. he placed his book mark in his book and got up, making his way over to the curtains.

he pushed the fabric out of his sight line and spotted a black car with u-haul trailer hooked up. he could not bring himself away from watching whoever it was bring items up into the house.

a tan man looked over towards luke's house. instantly, luke blushed and ran away from the window. he hoped that they did not see him or were not creeped out by him staring.

calum was new to town with a brand new name. well, not a whole new name. he wanted, and needed, a fresh start. so, when he saw the small 1,100 square foot ranch style house, he knew it would be his new home.

he unloaded the trailer as quickly as possible, wanting to see the city. calum wanted to discover himself here. that is why he shaved his head and bleached his hair. there was no story, it was just plain.

while grabbing a green tote filled with old clothes, calum saw the blonde boy in his window. instantly, he smirked as he saw the other boy run away from the window.

it took luke only one week to muster up the confidence to go and introduce himself. it would be the correct thing to do, right?

he straightened out his grey shirt, making sure it was not wrinkly. he could not make a bad first impression. with one last deep breath, he began his trip to the tan house.

luke knocked on the front door softly. he knew whoever lived here had to be home, their car was in the drive way. within a minute, calum opened the door with a large smile.

"hello, my name is luke hemmings. i live across the street," the natural blond spoke, his voice calm despite the fact that he was actually quite nervous.

calum let out a small chuckle, "nice to meet you, luke. im calum," he responded. luke was getting no last name, calum had not actually decided on a new one yet.

"why i must say you're quite lucky moving to the angel city! the market has been quite dry lately. you're going to love it here," luke smiled as he began to look at his own shoes. once he realized what he was doing, he looked back up. it was rude not to make eye contact!

"oh yeah is that right?" calum rose his eyebrow, watching the smaller boy. he was infatuated with him already.

luke felt as if calum was not interested in talking to him, so he let out a tiny sigh. "well if you ever need me, i'm just over there," he said, pointing back to his house.

the brown eyed boy nodded his head, waving at luke as he closed the door. once the door was closed, he walked to the kitchen and peeked out the window. he watched luke slowly make his way home. once he was inside, calum went back to putting his stuff away.

he did not know when he was going to see him next, but he could not wait for it.