Chapter 2 - I Want To Be Human

(??? POV)

"You refuse to eat humans, you refuse to kill humans, and now you decide to save humans?" a woman dressed in black asked me as she sat on a throne of sorts. Her pure white skin and hair was a huge contrast with her pitch black eyes and red pupils. My mother, my creator, Salem.

I stayed silent. Salem merely got up from her seat as she walked over to me. She lifted my head with her hands, sending chills down my spine.

"You're my favorite Grimm," she muttered, "so intelligent, one could almost say that you're the smartest out of all my creations. I treat you just like my son. However..."

Her eyes bore into mine, "Don't think I wouldn't destroy you. If I can create you, who can say I couldn't create another."

I nodded, I've come to accept my fate the moment I first opened my eyes. I would never be free from her control, I will always be hers.

She walked back and took her seat again, "I want to know what made you take such actions, actions unbefitting of a Grimm."

"I...Don't...Know."

Salem froze. She stared at me, just as shocked as I was. How am I speaking?

"You spoke," she whispered as she walked back and knelt down to my level, "you spoke, this should be impossible."

She and I locked eyes. Her pitch black eyes bore deep into mine, as if trying to learn what I was, what had happened to me.

"Go, stay close to the castle," she said sending me off, "I'll call for you later."

Ever since then, I would wander around the castle. Everyday, I would speak with mother to improve my social skills. At first, she saw me as nothing more than something to entertain herself. I understood why. Being alone in a castle without anyone to talk to is is incredibly boring. Day after day I would walk into that room, greeted with Salem's hard gaze. She would proceed to ask me how I felt and each time I would answer, "I don't know," afterward she just examined me with her gaze, seeing if I had any changes. She would do this for a long time before letting me go. 

But one day, after examinations, she talked. Nothing special, just about how tired she was, but it was the first time she said anything other than an order. Now, each day she would talk with me, talk with me about whatever was on her mind. The world, the day, other Grimm, her subordinates that I've never met. I would listen and reply every time she asked me a question. A day came when I walked in, when she saw me, she did something I never thought possible. She smiled.

A pure genuine smile. She seemed easier to be around and happier too. Her small talks turned to into interesting stories, stories about magic. But one thing kept appearing in these stories, someone name Ozpin. Every time she spoke of him, she went through a variety of emotions. I sensed rage, despair, betrayal, hut, but I also sensed something else, something brighter.

...Are these, positive feelings?

Regardless, Salem had become something to me, something other then my creator. She really felt like a mother. 

Soon a year had passed.

I walked back to the room, Salem, no, mother had called me again. I lowered my head as she walked up to me.

"My son," she smiled, "it hasn't been that long since we've last spoke. Why don't you say something."

"Yes, mother," I said.

"Only some slight pauses between each word, an improvement," she noted, "I have a task for you."

"Whatever you ask for mother," I nodded.

A Grimm Taleजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें