I wanted to go out shopping to buy something to wear tonight; I had no clothes for a party in my wardrobe. Seen as Luke goes to a lot of parties, I thought that he could help me choose something to wear. When I walked into the living room, it was empty and the TV was off. The TV is normally always on, even if no one is in there. So I went to the kitchen and found my dad sitting at the table, looking bored.

"Where's mum?" I asked him, standing in front of the table with Luke awkwardly standing behind me.

"She went to the shops with Anna." my dad replied, nodding and smiling over at Luke.

"Oh, well can I have a bit of money? I have some in my purse but I don't have any change for the bus." I asked.

My dad stood up, walking over to the window ledge where he keeps change. I watched him pick up a few coins before he walked back over to me. He dropped £6 of change into my hand and then sat back down. Six was a really random number, but I opened my purse and put the change inside anyway.

After thanking my dad, Luke and I got the bus to the shopping centre, where I dragged Luke in just about every clothes shop that there was.

_____________________________

On our way home, we sat in a comfortable silence. Luke wasn't as much help as I thought he would be, he didn't want me going to the party anyway. He wouldn't suggest anything and the only things he did suggest were really long dresses, or really ugly dresses that he knew I wouldn't buy and wear. In the end, I bought a simple black dress. I didn't want to go in a bright colour because I didn't know what colour, so a black dress was what I had in mind before I even started looking in the shops. I like my dress; it was quite a tight black dress with long sleeves that went off of the shoulders.

Luke was going to go home today, and I was going home and then to Ashton's. As I looked out of the window as we drove along, I could see through the window that Luke was sitting there looking at me. I always catch him staring at me, and even if he sees that I know he's staring at me, more often than not he will continue to stare. After a while, I turned to look at him. Luke looked into my eyes, blinking slowly.

"Are you going to drink tonight?" Luke asked me after a while.

"I don't know," I answered honestly. Everyone else would be drinking, and I never go to parties. I'm going to feel out of place anyway, but if I don't drink then I'll feel even more out of place. "Yeah, probably." 

"Well don't expect yourself to be coming round mine early in the morning." Luke said, a small smirk on his lips.

"That's only you, Luke." I replied, smiling at him.

Luke looked from me to the window before he pressed the button. Even though I knew that Luke's stop was obviously next, I looked out of the window to clarify it. Sure enough, the bus was pulling into the bus stop that was nearest to Luke's house. Luke stood up, gathering his stuff together before he looked at me again.

"Have fun tonight, and be careful." he told me, before leaning in and pressing a quick kiss to my lips. It was too quick for me to respond, but it had me smiling. I watched Luke as he got off of the bus and started his walk home.

It was only half past 5, and it was already starting to get dark. The closer it got, the more excited I was. Hopefully, it won't be as bad as I first thought it would be. It could be exciting, and I could find myself having fun and enjoying it. I saw that the bus was nearly at my stop and pressed the button, before picking up my bags and holding my phone. Unsteadily, I wobbled my way down the bus, trying to keep my balance and not fall over.

Feeling quite embarrassed, I quietly mumbled a thanks to the driver and got off the bus, making my own way home. It was really dark outside now, and it was quite cold, too. I decided to wear skin coloured tights under my dress so that I'll be slightly warmer but it will still look nice. I sped my walk up, wanting to get home as quickly as I could.