"She's very powerful, the most powerful being I've ever met. I'm not afraid of anyone, but I am cautious of her. That is how dangerous she can be if she feels threatened. No one knows what type of being she is, I don't think she does either. I'd say she's part witch, but she can control other things as well."

"Like what?" Stacey looked very intrigued.

"As a witch she can cast spells and use them to control the elements, but she can control mana."

"Mana?" Tristan didn't sound impressed.

"It's energy. She can pull it out of nowhere and at any time. She can manipulate it to do whatever she wants. Fire energy shots, create barriers, and walk on air. It's quite incredible to see." Now they looked impressed.

"I've never heard of a being who can do that." Jace pondered.

"No one has. That's why no one's sure of what she is, and why she is feared throughout the realm."

"Of course you're friends with someone like that." Stacey joked.

"We're not friends exactly." I said and she jerked her head in my direction.

"What?" She narrowed her eyes.

"Not in the way me and Daina are. We..understand one another and help each other out occasionally." I said.

"You invited a powerful unknown supernatural to my wedding and you aren't even friends?" She asked incredulously.

"She'll be here to make sure it's safe. I did her a favor last time, so it's her turn to pay up." I grinned at the memory.

"Do I wanna know what this favor you did for her was?" She asked nervously.

"Probably not." I laughed.

"Right." She nodded and let it go. "Well okay, if she's coming to help then the more the merrier!" She hopped off the counter and dragged Jace from the room. Just when I thought they were gone she popped back in "Oh and dress shopping next weekend." She smiled and left before I could protest.

"I don't know if I like the idea of a dangerous stranger coming to the wedding." Tristan said.

"She's coming as protection. I won't have you all in danger anymore and I won't let anything ruin Stacey's wedding. I'd never hear the end of it." I crossed my arms defiantly. Ayla was coming no matter what he said.

"She could hurt someone." He argued.

"I could hurt someone." I shot back.

"You wouldn't hurt someone randomly." He scoffed.

"Neither would she." I defended.

He sighed, "Fine tell me more about her."

I'm not gonna lie, a small part of me was jealous he was taking an interest in someone else but the logical part of me knew it wasn't because he liked her but because she could cause problems.

"She's feared, not just by the people she's around. The government fears her. They want to control her and use her as a weapon. They tried to make her submit willingly but she refused. She won't be a prisoner to anyone and won't be used as a weapon. So they hunt her. They'll have her. Willing or not." I empathize with her. Being someone's weapon isn't for everyone. It's hard and lonely.

"How did you meet?" He asked curious.

"I was on a job. I drove past an ally and saw her being corned by three men. I saw her throw a shot of energy that knocked them all flat in a second. She sprinted down the street and six vans flew past me. I pulled over and made my way to the roof, following her.  She dashed into another ally and I dropped in behind her. Her hand rose ready to fire, my was finger already on the trigger. When she realized I wasn't shooting at her she asked who I was. I told her if we lived through this I'd tell her. I got her out and took her back to the shabbiest motel I've ever been in. The director was pissed I got sidetracked and had someone else come in and take over my assignment. Anyway we were in the motel and my heat sensor went off. They fired a freaking missile at the motel. I thought we were dead but she said something in an ancient language, it was like "asmotos dienva" and a purpleish shield appeared around us and while the motel blew to pieces we were fine. I got her out of the city and that's how our favors started."

"So you're not friends but help each other out?" He asked trying to figure out our strange relationship.

"Pretty much." I shrugged.

He stared at me for a long moment. I started fidgeting when he didn't look away. He stepped closer and pulled me in for a kiss. He pulled away smiling.

"Go away with me. Just us this time I promise. One weekend. You and me." He said keeping his arms wrapped around me.

"Random but okay." I laughed.

"It's not random. Stacey's getting married and it's just putting things into perspective and I want a weekend with just you." He said and I tried to pull away but he held on tighter.

"I'm not getting ready to propose to you on a getaway trip." He laughed. "I know you're not ready for that yet but I want time with you. Just you."

And standing their looking into his eyes, if he were to propose, it would scare the hell out of me, but I knew in my heart, I would say yes.  

"Okay a weekend away sounds perfect." I smiled.

"Great." He kissed me quickly and pulled away again and whispered, "But don't tell Stacey." He grinned.