chapter 22

Milo wasted no time. He shoved the knife into my stomach. Stacey screamed bloody murder. Jace tried as best as he could to pull her from the room but she still refused to leave.

"I will kill you!" Tristan snarled, "I will rip your head clean off your body!" Milo just ignored him. I'm sure he got threats all the time in this line of business.

"Tristan you need to hang up the call before you do something you'll regret." Couldn't he see what would happen if he continued to watch me be tortured. He'd give Antonio the title. Then all the wolves would be in danger. He needed to think of the bigger picture.

Milo grabbed another smaller knife. It was sharp and made for slicing into you. I would know, I owned one. He started from my wrist and dug it all the way up to my elbow. I didn't even flinch. It felt like a tickle.

"No screams?" Milo mused with disappointment clear on his face, "Why is that?"

"Do you see the faint scar to the left of my neck?" I asked him. He got closer and nodded intrigued.

"Someone tried to slit my throat. The scar on my right ankle? Bear trap laced with wolfsbane meant to slow me down. I'm in a very dangerous line of work. You don't get to leave alive without a few reminders."

"Well those people were not me. I can assure you, you will scream and beg for your life." His face twisted into a malicious smile.

"And I can assure you, I will not."

"We'll see about that." He grunted and went to the tables.

"Don't hurt her! We'll get you all the money you want!" Tristan's dad pleaded.  

"It is not money my employer wants. It is power."

"Tristan for the love of all that is holy, I'm begging you to end the call." If I ever see that man again, he's gonna be in for an ass whooping.

"I'll give you whatever you want just don't hurt her anymore!" He shouted. Yep, definite ass whooping.

"Tristan you can't give him what he wants! You'll be putting everyone in danger!" I argued but was ignored.

"Well that's good to hear, but unfortunately for you I still need to make her suffer. It's all part of my job. I need to make a point so you know what will happen if you betray Antonio." Milo walked over with cables and attached them to the metal table I was on.

"This should be fun." He smiled and started to count down.

"5"

"Please don't do this!" Stacey shouted as Jace was still trying to drag her from the room.

"4"

"I already agreed to do what you want!" Tristan's yell contained so much panic my gut twisted. 

"3"

"Hang up!"

"2"

"STOP"

"1"

My body jerked as electric streamed through. I clenched my jaw, teeth grinding together. I locked eyes with Milo. I wouldn't back down.

"Stop!" They all shouted. The fear in their voices broke my heart. These people who I had only known for a few months were afraid. For me.

"I can take it. Don't give him what he wants." I stared Milo down. He rose an eyebrow and then turned up the voltage.

The electricity rippled through my body. This wasn't like the knife, this didn't tickle. This was pain. But he couldn't know that.

"I get it! I won't do anything to betray Antonio! I swear! Just stop hurting her!" Tristan sounded so desperate. And I knew. I knew he would do whatever Antonio wanted. But Antonio wanted him dead. I refused to let that happen.