Scooter

A couple years ago, you had arrived to Pandora for fun, exploration, excitement, the ache for adventure. You just hadn't realized the planet was a cesspool waiting for the ground to drink your blood or perhaps a bandit and you had no way of getting off. Soon, enough you found Sanctuary. The people weren't the cleanest but god was food, drinks, and a bed was all you needed to pretend it was. You thought Pandora was only filled with capitalism and mayhem, it was but it had felt different when you had met Scooter. The man was a brick but he knew what he was doing and he did it right.

Sooner or later, you and Scooter became inseparable. Scooter would talk about literally everything, everything and you'd listen and vice versa. Occasionally, while out in Pandora, he'd ask for parts from bandit cars to test new mods for vehicles or just to hopefully blow stuff up, which both were exciting. Moxxi would occasionally give you drinks on the house as she had come to accept you and may have slipped that Scooter had a crush on you; Ellie was glad that Scooter found someone that was just as close to family (or more than) other than her or the people in Sanctuary.

Scooter liked adventure, so when his voice echoed to match his excitement about going into space to defeat those Hyperion stooges, it made you almost jealous to hear about getting off Pandora for once. Before his travel, he asks if you could go search out for a particular part at a not so far bandit camp, sure enough you returned with it and found Scooter in his garage facing you with a poorly wrapped gift in his hand, regardless it made you smile yet you had a pit in your stomach.

"I found that part for you." You tell him, dangling it.

"Yeeeaah..... Alright, I can't hold it in. I don't need that part. It's no more than skag dump attached to the bottom of my boots!" he was silent for a moment only for his eyes to shine with that familiar light. "I just need' time for you to be gone to wrap this up, didn't need you bargin' in or anything. Open it!" he hands it to you.

"Getting me a gift before you big mission, Scooter? You tryna tell me something or just trying to get out of trouble?"

"Both!"

"Oh..." you hold in a chuckle to unwrap the gift, it's a echo recorder that was titled "From Scooter to next badass mechanic on Pandora (in history)", a wrench, and a framed picture of the two you when you first fixed your cycle together. It made your heart feel heavy. "What's all this?" you can't help to smile.

"Welll....I don't know what's gonna happen, whether Hyperion chumps bravely takes the coolest space crew of all time or if a giant space monster swallows me whole, which let's admit: would be pretty sweet. I just need to make amends. Missions like these happens occasionally but it's still nice to 'member back on the good times, right?" You nod in agreement.

"Yeah, but you're gonna come back, Scooter." you present a sad smile before hugging him, throwing him off guard. He pats your back before hugging tightly back with a smile.

"Yeah, I know. Even so, what cooler way to go out other than in a kick-ass rocket that you made yourself?!" You laughed at that, wanting to hold onto him like you held onto the thought that you knew he was going to come back and when the time came you still held onto that hope. After saying your goodbyes to Scooter, you sat on your vehicle, watching and waiting for the rocket to take off and when it did you held onto that framed picture as tight as you remember hugging him. That cock shaped piece of metal was so bright in the sky. "See ya later, cowboy."